Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, looken for some help?
i got a 94 bronco with a 302 and a 4eod tranny, and im having some problums.
when i put it in drive and attempt to take off, it rappidly shifts to 1st 2nd 3rd and right into overdrive.
but if i shift it manually it runs fine, is there a shift modual or something that can be causing it? i checked all fuses in the cabe panel already and there good.
any help would be greatly appriciated.

i may change the fluid and tranny filter today and see if that helps.

thanks fellas

-kyle

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
There is an electronic control shift module in the bronco's with the e4od trans..

Not sure what would cause your issue.. Hopefully a mod will move this to the right forum so you can get better help.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Mine's an AOD so no help there sorry, check here: www.broncolinks.com under the transmission section or Haynes Manual and you should be able to find something regarding diagnosing the shift module.......?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I'm guess this was a one post wonder.
But here goes anyway.
Try pulling diagnistic codes. See where that leads you.

IS your ABS light on? in a '94 the RABS, and VSS is served by the same sender in the rear diff. The PCM uses the VSS and Throttle position sensor to determine shift points for the E4OD.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
There is an electronic control shift module in the bronco's with the e4od trans..
No, there's no separate module. The PCM controls the entire power train.

Try pulling diagnistic codes. See where that leads you.
:stupid

Pull codes whether your Check Engine light is on or not. If you don't know how, please use the search function.

IS your ABS light on? in a '94 the RABS, and VSS is served by the same sender in the rear diff. The PCM uses the VSS and Throttle position sensor to determine shift points for the E4OD.
No RABS, but 4WABS on 1993+ models. Still, the speed sensor in the rear differential case is vital to shift scheduling, yes.

Is the speedometer working properly?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Sorry for the side bar, but to SigEpBlue,
in the 1993+ do they have four independant wheel sensors? OR
do they have two sensors up front, and one in the rear diff?
I think it is the latter, not trying to be smart, just trying to learn.
I knew that in '92 they moved the VSS out of the transfercase and made the RABS serve double duty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts