Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my happiness with everyone. I finally got the cash together and decided to send my carb to an expert for the rebuild. Glad I did since he was able to tell me what was wrong and why it was not working properly.

First off he told me the Power valve was broken and that the choke stat was not working. So after $150.00 for the rebuild and a new choke stat, here it is. Sweet job he did, it looks new.

Here it is all installed, which I did all by myself, sorry that was a big deal to me. I've never done any of this type of engine work.:rockon

It just needed a little tiny adjust on the idle, but that was it. She is running like a mean arze Bronco again.:chili: :chili:

Now I think I'll be lookin at a steering pump upgrade or something. She has developed a hard spot in the steering. Like it is binding in one spot. Weird!:doh0715:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Looks Good!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
FordFilly said:
Here it is all installed, which I did all by myself, sorry that was a big deal to me. I've never done any of this type of engine work.
Good job, girl! :thumbup I know the feeling, I put a relay on Brutus for my MSD box and did it all by myself. Was pretty proud of myself and was excited I actually used something I learned from school. :toothless

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
Looks good Filly

Seems like money well spent ! Tune that idle mixture with a vacuum gauge before you change the idle speed, it may kill ywo birds with one stone. You can also recheck the dist timing settings too.

Get it so it leaps off the line again :toothless

Sixlitre

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davids78bronco said:
Nice! It's always reassuring to hear/feel it running better than you remember, isn't it? Does this mean you make it to the PNW PJB M&G?
I'm just waiting for a date for the M&G so I can put it in my calendar.:chili: :twotu:

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
no one cares :goodfinge

:whiteflag j/k

good to hear ya got it running again judy!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
if i didn't know no better they bead blast that thing clean!!

Now get some more chrome under there and start pimping!!! lol

either way glad you did it yourself, if feels better then paying someone huh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts