Votes: 3 5.7%
  • You suck at owning trucks

Votes: 18 34.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As for the poll: What do you think I should do?? The truck has a blown head gasket, and a blown tranny. I'm about as broke as they get, but I might get a new tranny(hopefully it will be covered under a warantee, I got it rebuilt ~6k miles ago). I can probably do the head gasket, ive never done one before but I can probably figure it out with a good manual and some help.

With any of these options it includes buying a cheap reliable car to drive around. With whatever route I go I plan on building a rig which wouldn't be legal on the road. It would have a solid front axle, a simple leaf sprung suspension, small block V8, auto, ~37's.

Also remember that I dont have time to fix everything, I work 60 hours a week during the summer, and I also dont have easy access to all of the tools needed to do motor/tranny swaps, etc...

the options:
A) Just sell everything as it sits. The bronco, the GMC, and the ranger. All as of right now are broken. Ranger needs new hubs and a tranny(have one waiting to be installed). The red truck needs to have an electrical bug figured out and a whole new front facia, and drivers side front fender. Then buy a 78/79 bronco to build.

B) Sell the GMC and the Ranger, keep my 95, and build it up. This would be a lot more work than a 78/79 of course.

C) Sell the GMC and Ranger, fix my 95, sell it, buy and build 78/79.

D) Sell the GMC and the bronco(broken), keep my ranger and build that up. Would need a 302 swap, SFA(at least, probably a bigger rear axle too), etc...

E) Same as D, but fix 95.

F) Other, please post it up.

What would you do??

I went out with my bosses truck and trailer to go pick up the slut(its new name)

At least it got towed home by another domestic.

The puddle of oil/tranny fluid on the trailer:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Buy a Jeep. J/K, quit hatin.

Wheres the cap BTW?

Nice score, put the wrench to her, ditch the II, and keep the GMC.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Id say get a 78-79, but thats my plan someday. Its all personal opinion. THe 95 is outta commision, so you can always build it up too. But my vote still goes for the 78 since it is easier to build up better.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dude, if you're looking for something with a leaf sas (stock), V8 (stock), and a auto tranny, why don't you get a Ramcharger. I know that it is a dodge, but you could pick up one pretty cheap, and it could be quite a bit newer than a 78/79. If you're into brand loyalties, then I would go for a 78/79, but thats just me. Good luck.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Break out the powerwasher. Need to get basically all the dirt off. They'd just be LOOKING for a reason to cancel the warrenty.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
94_chickentaco said:
i dont get "mud it till' it dies".

You killed your bronco. :doh0715:

IMO, thats lame.:twak
I wasnt trying to "mud it till it dies".

Ya know, sometimes when you go off roading things get broken? This time it just happened to be 2 big things.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
just happened to be 2 big things.
atleast the truck that towed/pulled you out didnt blow a rear ring gear:banghead or chain snaped and took out rad:banghead or or or 1 & 2 happened plus your(mine in this case) rear u joint broke.
atleast my u joint and rad were cheaper then his rear ring:toothless

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sell bronco and fix up GMC...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
1995Bronco said:
Good thing this isnt my daily driver and I'm not broke

1995Bronco said:
I'm about as broke as they get, but I might get ...
So which is it?? The contradictions made me pick option G.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts