Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some help with the stupid thing. Here is the thread...
FSB thread

This is an old thread from a while back I started
click here

I am desperate as this is my daily driver and I need to get to work today. Pleas give me any Ideas you have. I have exhausted all of my brain power on this one.

·
But what does mine say?
916 Posts
Have you gotten anywhere with it at all, or does it have the same problems as before?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm no expert by any means on EFI but if the voltage is low wont that affect the computer and injectors?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not gotten anywhere:(

·
But what does mine say?
916 Posts
Ok, it is possible that your comp finally shit the bed. Lets just hope that's not the case. Just like Crazed was saying that he bought a gauge to check his fuel pressure... I think you should do the same, but that would only be part of the problem. You've got some major EFI issues goin on right now. What have you replaced since this started? I know you said TPS and somethin else.

Another possability is that you have a loose connection somewhere, or even a loose ground. Thouroughly inspect your wiring harness from the firewall (at the comp) all the way to each sensor/actuator. Check the connections on the entire ignition system and charging system as well. Look for anything unusual like brakes in wires, black chared up electronics, or just detirioration or corrosion. Disconnect any sensor/actuator that you can reach without major disassembly. You might want to clean the connections as well.

Have you had your alternator tested? What have you done to test the individual sensors?

If it is the computer, it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement. Maybe it's an excuse to spend a lil cash on a MAF conversion.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
badblack88 said:
Trying to get some help with the stupid thing. Here is the thread...
FSB thread

This is an old thread from a while back I started
click here

I am desperate as this is my daily driver and I need to get to work today. Pleas give me any Ideas you have. I have exhausted all of my brain power on this one.

(Lays hands on the hood of the Bronco)

"HEAL!!! HEAL!!! SATAN, GET THEE HENCE, MF'ER!"

OK.... go out and try it now, and let us know what happens.

95 bottles of beer on the wall....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95 BXL said:
(Lays hands on the hood of the Bronco)

"HEAL!!! HEAL!!! SATAN, GET THEE HENCE, MF'ER!"

OK.... go out and try it now, and let us know what happens.

95 bottles of beer on the wall....
:lolup
Thanks but it prolly won't help. It is sitting in my driveway with the dizzy out and partially dissassembled. I changed the TFI and stator but I broke the gear putting it all back together.

So far I have replaced:
Fuel pressure regulator
TFI Module
Stator
New BRASS cap and rotor

still trying to find the wiring fault, code 95. So far I can tell my relays are good. Assuming I am testing the right ones. The ones I tested are behind the airbox on the driver's side in a little black plastic housing.

I have done every self test I can. (KOEO, CM, KOER)

I got a code 14 (hence the TFI and Stator above)
I got a code 95 - Fuel pump secondary circuit failure EEC to ground
I got some Thermactor and EGR codes, but I am not as worried about them.

Yes I have cleaned the TB and IAC recently.

I hope this gets better soon I go from this :crazy to this :banghead and back again about 2 dozen times a day.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. Now I am really stumped. I replaced the entire distributor and I have managed to eliminate all codes except one. 14. the damn ignition circuit is still failing. I have inspected the wiring and only found one problem. The shield wire is not connected to anything at the dist. end. I am out of Ideas here and I need this thing to run reliably. any other bright Ideas?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have called about all the mechanics I can think of and really talked to them fo a while and I came to the conclusion that I know as much about EFI as any mechanic in the area. They can pull codes and replace the associated pieces, but so can I. I guarantee that if I ahd taken it into the shop, they would have replaced the module, stator, FPR, and checked the fuel pump relay, just like me, only they wou;d have charged me twice as much. Besides, EFI is the future and I gotta learn to diagnose it and repair it sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.