Day i got her:

The next day:

Random pics:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After the front lift:

After it was stolen: Stolen 2 weeks ago and recoverd in a week, I was upset when she was stolen. So upset i barley talked to anyone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the rebuild:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont mind the crappy welds. I cant afford the schooling and there is no one near me that wants to teach me. so reading and learning as i go.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only had liability so they would not cover anything.

Also the exhaust was ripped off when stolen. I had crap laying around so had to make a temporary fix so i could make the one offroad event i ran.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it wasnt for that the tree branch would have been thru my radiator. It was in the impound with tree branches. They must have taken a joy ride thru the woods, smashed it up a little then left it.

I was just lucky and happy to have her home. The thing still runs like brand new.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
That hood looks great, other than two small dimples i can't tell it was bent.

Just touch up the two marks in the grille, build yourself a nice heavy duty bumper and your bronco will be even better than before.

I would run a turn down after the muffler, unless inspections require a tailpipe. I hate tailpipes on anything that leaves the pavement.

Did they break both of your door windows? Those are actually cheaper than the vent windows.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I have a factory bumper you can have for the ride down if you want it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah hood is savable. And the exhaust is still a work in progress want to make it come thru the quarter panel. But still undecided.

JD I might take you up on that offer do to my bumper being twisted.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well did some more crap to the truck today.

Removed the front bumper brackets and mocked up for the new bumper im building.

then sanded and painted some more of the truck.

And painted some bling bling gloss black son:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The grille will be fixed the same day i throw the bumper on. That and try to get the headlight straighter.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
did you paint the trim around the headlights? sorry to hear about it getting stolen, glad to hear that it's still running strong.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
i like the radiator support...my advice on the welding....just get scrap and learn the settings for the different thicknesses...but its looking better!!!! you did a great job on the hood

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I would rather see it in my drive way or street sitting than in a junkyard because of some losers.

I ordered the new core support but wont be able to put it in until next year, So over the winter i will order a new hood.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What I have been up to latley.

Mounted the brushguard back up, It use to bolt to the bumper. Since the bumper is shot i figured i would do my first every big modification with out the help of anyone. Here is the guard in its temporary position.

Too close:

We need to be around here:

I had some 1/4in hinges laying around so i figured i can use them for this mock up:

After getting everything in place finaly got the guard perfect:

Here are my new bars for the bumper. I cut them at 19in's a little long but it will work perfect for the final outcome i have in mind.

And re welded the hinges.

And here is the one side all mocked up and ready for the full weld.

Dont mind the crappy welds now that i finally got the welder working perfect i will be grinding the welds down and putting a real good bead down.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You seem to be leaking a large amount of oil....

Was that always like that or just after it was stolen? Keep an eye on the level or that new bumper will do no justice to a blown engine.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts