Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story is about a buddy of mine who I sail with during the summer. I have known him for about 15 years. He used to live on a tug boat that he modified for daily living, then moved in with his girlfriend Patty a few years back. Patty always was a little bit flaky, but never did I think she would try to kill him. The last time I saw Rick (we call him Rick, not Frederic) was in September, I randomly bumped into him and Patty while on vacation, we ate lunch and spent the day together. That's the last time I saw him. They were gonna come to my wedding, I guess the invite will be for one only now...Definitely $#@* up.

Newsday, February 27, 2006

Sag Harbor, NY
- A Bay Point woman has been charged with trying to kill her live-in boyfriend by spiking his milk with ant poison, police said.

Patricia Berzon, 55, a dog trainer, is accused of pouring the poison into a carton of milk on Thursday, then putting it into the refrigerator and waiting for her boyfriend, Frederic Friedman, 41, to drink it, Southampton Det. Susan Ralph said.

But Friedman, who never swallowed the toxins, came to his girlfriend's defense Saturday during her arraignment at Southampton Town Justice Court, telling a judge that Berzon needed psychiatric help and asking the court to have mercy, authorities said.

Berzon and Friedman, a couple for nearly 11 years, argued Thursday over Friedman's impending ski trip to Aspen, Colo.

"She didn't want him to go," Ralph said.

So, Berzon spiked the milk sometime later in the evening, then went to sleep, Ralph said.

About midnight, Friedman, who had been watching the Olympics on the living room couch, entered the kitchen, poured a mug of milk and dunked an Oreo cookie, Ralph said.

"He ate the cookie and realized immediately that something was wrong," Ralph said, adding that Friedman tasted a "chemical."

Friedman spat out the cookie, forced himself to vomit into the sink, then drove to Southampton Hospital, Ralph said. Because he had not swallowed the cookie, or the toxins, the danger was minimized, Ralph said. Doctors released him by 3 a.m.

Before leaving the hospital, Friedman called the police, then returned to confront his girlfriend.

Berzon was awake when Friedman returned to their single-story wood-shingled house.

"He asked her why she did this," Ralph said. "But she just mumbled, didn't give him an answer."

As they argued, Berzon dumped the milk into the sink, Ralph said. Police arrived a short time later and took her into custody. They also collected the empty carton, the mug and the uneaten cookie and brought them to the Suffolk Crime Lab in Hauppauge for analysis.

Friedman, a boat builder at a Sag Harbor marina, declined to comment about the incident.

But during his girlfriend's arraignment Saturday, he asked Southampton Town Justice Barbara Wilson for leniency.

"He told her the defendant needs attention from a mental health professional," said Robert Clifford, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney's office. "He said she needs to take her medication."

It was unclear Saturday what medication Berzon took.

During a confession she gave police, Berzon said she suffers from depression but did not say she had stopped taking medication, Ralph said.

After the arraignment, Friedman returned to the modest home he and Berzon shared with several German Shepherds. Berzon was taken to the Suffolk County jail, where she is being held on $100,000 bail on charges of attempted murder and assault. She is due back in court Wednesday.

Staff Writer Mitchell Freedman contributed to this article.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
That's messed up

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
He got lucky

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
50Gunner said:
Women are effing nuts.

Never Date a Scorpio.....Everytime I read these....I just know they gotta be scorpios......Most guys that have had them know what Im talking about......If you look in their eyes youll know.....

·
My Ass Is A...
986 Posts
F1rocco said:
Never Date a Scorpio.....Everytime I read these....I just know they gotta be scorpios......Most guys that have had them know what Im talking about......If you look in their eyes youll know.....
WTF?...LOL?

Anyway, to each there own...but forgiving isn't the word for it.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Well, the good thing is that now everyone knows your buddy is a nice man, coming to her defense like that. Bad thing is, he's probably got a phobia of milk now :brownbag

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
that's fracked up

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow, good thing your friend is alright. He must really love her alot to come to her defense, but it is obvious that she needs some help.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts