Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My build - With Rockwells

This is the list of stuff that I'm planning. I have already started and they only way this stuff will change is if i find something better to replace it with.

All of the body work
Twin stick NP205
Ford 10.25 rear
Dana 60 front
CAGE radius arms
Superlift 9" coils
Superlift 6" leafs
Ruffstuff shackle flip
front and rear detroit lockers
Re-Build C6
5.38 Gears
Still cant decided on tires...Looking for something in the 42 range

Now shooting for next May to be done.

If you have any thoughts or ideas let me know, If you think theres a better route to go I'd love to here your thoughts!

EDIT: Plans have changed. I will now be running 2.5 ton rockwells, 46" XML until i can afford 54" boggers, 3 or 4 link, 4 wheel steering, custom dash/center console, new bucket seats, 4 point harness's, run this 460 and build another one then drop it in when its done, roll cage, i think thats it...:toothless :goodfinge

This is what i started with:

·
Registered
115 Posts

Is this the local church? Looks like the church has an RTI ramp! Nice Urban wheelin' pic!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Is that a 9" front coil and 6" rear leaf lift? Am I reading that right? I like the stance..

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a 9" front coil and 6" rear leaf lift? Am I reading that right? I like the stance..
Yes your reading it right...But what you missed was the shackle flip for the rear...It should work out to aprox 9"

I like the stance now as well but i want bigger :toothless

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I like your plans for the Bronc, they sound quite familiar! I said 38's on my build, now you go to 39.5's... I guess i'm going to have to go to 42's now? LOL J/K our builds are going to be close to the same... I will look forward to seeing progress on your ride.

Do you plan on disking the Sterling?

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't we all? lol
:toothless
I like your plans for the Bronc, they sound quite familiar! I said 38's on my build, now you go to 39.5's... I guess i'm going to have to go to 42's now? LOL J/K our builds are going to be close to the same... I will look forward to seeing progress on your ride.

Do you plan on disking the Sterling?
Yeah like i said in your thread before i plans are pretty much the same except that my body work will come after all of this...I have 38s right now so i want bigger...I would like bigger than 39.5 bu i dont want to be risking the axles...I like the skinny pedal :toothless I look forward to seeing your build as well :beer

I plan to disk it at some point but not right now...Unless somebody has a cheap way of doing so...I just wanna get this thing back on the road...

(Still cant find the cable for my camera)

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics finally! Got my camera back from repair and also found the cable :chili:

Rear springs and shackle flip came in

This is how it was right before i started ripping it appart

Started pulling it apart, at this point the T-case and trans are already out.

The shim blocks crushed and caused this

New 6" SuperLift leaf springs

Ruff Stuff Shackle flip, I painted the shackles already but I'm probably going to repaint them black. I only took pics of one half of the kit.

Ford 10.25 waiting for a detroit, 5.38s and a rebuild

·
Registered
106 Posts
looks like you have a good start. thats bout the same build as me but i went 44's and a 14 bolt rear. i got to drive mine yesturday to move it for the storm

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like you have a good start. thats bout the same build as me but i went 44's and a 14 bolt rear. i got to drive mine yesturday to move it for the storm
I've been thinking about 44's but i think I'll be pushing the axles to there breaking point....

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked up a set of rims from aurorabronco today...16.5x10

His pic

I figure I'll hit em with the sand blaster and see what that leaves me with then I'll most likely paint them black...

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well progress is going...slowly, I have pretty much no time...Hoping to be done by next May now

I decided I'm going to do all of the body work while i got it all ripped apart...I'm gonna go with some sort of a neon lime green and black. The interior will be done with bed liner. For the underside would it be better to use the bed coating or under coating?

I also decided to run 42s instead of the 39.5's. But I'm not sure what tire yet...Looking for suggestions and also pics with 9" lift and 42s if any one has any...

I got the interior pretty much stripped...I'm cutting out the shit parts of the floor right now. Probably gonna get it all ready then weld up all the floor next weekend after i get some sheet metal.

Also i got 4 point harness's for seat belts so I'll be closing up the factory seat belt holes but i need ways to mount the harness's...I don't really plan on a roll cage or roll bar at all...

I'll post up some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Sounds like a great build plan. IMO look into a doubler for some slow control of those big meats, will be real nice for decents for sure. Are you going to cut out the finders? I think it looks good on the 78/79 model builds. And last, donate those 38's to me!!!!! Good luck with your build.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like a great build plan. IMO look into a doubler for some slow control of those big meats, will be real nice for decents for sure. Are you going to cut out the finders? I think it looks good on the 78/79 model builds. And last, donate those 38's to me!!!!! Good luck with your build.
I've been thinking about a 205/203 doubler not sure on it yet...I'm trying to stay away from cutting...Thats why I'd like to see some pics of 42s and 9" before i do the body work...I sold those 38s to make way for the 42s! :toothless

Thanks for the input :beer

1 - 20 of 102 Posts