Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a video this time.

Basically, my clutch has been getting worse and worse as over the last couple of years, but not as far as performance, but with the sound. I personally believe all it is is the clutch plate is worn down pretty good and could use a new clutch kit, but as always I thought I'd share it with you guys as well. I think the reason for why it hasn't been slipping or anything is due to the fact its a hydraulic clutch which is self-adjusting, therefore it'll basically adjust itself all the way down to metal (which is what it sounds like in my situation). Anyways, before you bash me for letting it get this bad, it's going to be going into the shop soon and hopefully it won't be too pricey to get it fixed.

All I do in this clip is back it out of it's parking space and pull it back in.

Anyways, enjoy the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxksHqvLk1s

Also, watch it in high quality for better video and audio.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Slave cylinder might be bad also but I agree that it's most likely the throwout bearing. At least the throwout bearing is fairly cheap and easy to fix.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm gonna opt to have the whole clutch kit replaced, no reason not to while they're down there anyway. How much, in a rough estimate, do you think I should be expecting to throw down? How long would it take the average shop to do a clutch job? I was thinking no more than 3-4 hours. The parts are pretty inexpensive, its the labor that kills you though. I am thinking no more than $600 or so once everything is said and done.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Call some local shops and see if they will even install parts you buy yourself. Some wont and others will install just wont warranty which is a little scary because it gets them off the hook if they f it up (but they shouldn't).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.