Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,181 Posts
Thanks - they looked domed to me
If you’re looking at the pic he posted it shows a domed piston, so you’re right on that one. Summit has a bad habit of using pics that aren’t of the actual product. If you read the description is says dished.

In this case, if you look at the pics he took of the short block they are in fact dished.

·
Registered
560 Posts
@CZ Eddie
If you do plan on Forced Induction down the road - do you plan on changing cams if / when you install a supercharger? I'm guessing at that point you're going to toss the Speed Density and go MAF or aftermarket? I've seen supercharged (street driven with sane compression ratios) engines make BIG gains (especially in the mid range) with cams tailored to supercharger applications.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@CZ Eddie
If you do plan on Forced Induction down the road - do you plan on changing cams if / when you install a supercharger? I'm guessing at that point you're going to toss the Speed Density and go MAF or aftermarket?
I don't know?
This is my first 4x4 and I have yet to even get a chance to go out on any trails or do any rock climbing, to see what sort of things interest me. Which would direct future plans for the Bronco.

I might end up being happy with just the 40+ HP I get from this NA build.
If I want to scare myself, I'll just buy another Suzuki Hayabusa.
Another motorcycle would almost certainly come before I spend thousands on a Supercharger.

But my NA build is designed around 1000-5500 RPM right now.
So I'd have to decide on whether to stay in that RPM range, or extend it out to 6500.
Which would require new camshaft and springs, etc.
And definitely a MAF conversion.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The supercharger consideration was more for higher RPM's, street/strip type stuff.
But the engine and offroading considerations all factor into any potential Supercharger build.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts