Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of having no cup holders in my XL with the nifty bench seat. So I did something about it. Here's what it looks like after 2 days of work. The cup holders are giant, A soda can with a thick coozy is still loose. I am happy with how it turned out. Lemme know whatcha think. :beer

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Awesome work! now gotta take pics of it actually IN the truck lol

why did you make the cup holders so big tho?

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It follows the transmission cover perfectly so I thought a little straight bracket on each side would work good. I just mounted my maglite brackets on the drivers side of the console. But as it turns out there is a 4wd shifter there. :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
It looks furry. How did you mount it to the tailgate?? It gonna be tough to reach the drinks with it back there you know. :rofl:

Get some pics if it mounted where its supposed to go then lets talk about how it looks!!! (I feel your pain with the XL though, thats what I have and mine had no cupholders either. I put in bench seats and a crappy walmart console for now and am going to build a custom one sometime in the next 14 years).

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Looks like a giant kitty scratching post................................with cup holders. :goodfinge :rofl: :D

Pretty nice though.

KC

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just regular automotive carpet. The pictures make it look really poofy though lol.

Here's my "custom maglite mount" 50 cents at home depot and with a little bend they hold it perfectly.

I didn't take in account the 4wd shifter... :duh

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
You should have put some guages in it ;)

KC

·
Registered
345 Posts
add a hole for the mag-lite straight up, then it doubles as a dome lite. ha ha

·
Chrome gets me home
2,903 Posts
maybe move the hanger things to somewhere like this, make it more of an angle...:

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No offense, but that looks like a 9th grade shop project to me..........
Thanks, It was something that was built out of necessity until I get bucket seats and can build a larger console.

Looks nice, Are the cup holders big enough to hold a 64 ounce soda?
I wouldn't doubt it! I think there about 4".

For somebody who doesn't have carpentry experience I think it turned out good, it gets the job done.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
it looks good, nice job

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.