Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
ate lug
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This June ill have owned my F250 9 years. This November ill have had the bronco 13! :eek: I must be getting old. At least this one is still in decent shape though. Just finished cleaning/polishing the wheels, and doing a good clean on the body, couldn't resist snapping a few pics.

Theres been a few dents & scrapes along the way, but she's gonna be around for the long haul, so in another year or two, the body is getting the full resto treatment :thumbup

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
Great combo. I ended up with a bronco for hauling and using the pickup for offroad use. Wish I had it your way instead.

Also, rep do you have a SM page? There are quite a few pics of your bronco that I have used before (and now lost) to demonstrate different things to people who were currently building a trail rig and I'm not sure if all of them are in the sig links on the "forensick" page. If possible could you post it up or pm me?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
The old body style rigs are the best :D

I've always liked your rigs Rept, great stuff.

I've always wondered though, beyond the D60, what all mods have you made to the F250? How many miles are on it?

·
ate lug
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks everybody :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup Ive owned a few different trucks over the years, but this one has grown to be my favorite, I definitely want it to last for a long time yet. Sure is hard work keeping it (somewhat) clean though!

Always good to see them in good hands. It'd take way too much cash to take mine off my hands, It's in it for the long haul too.
:beer
I agree. Much like the bronco, I don't think I could ever sell it.

pretty cool not digging the rust hiders though.
I call em mud & snow catchers. No rust underneath them (yet) :thumbup PA is pretty strict about fender flares, I know lots of people whove been pulled over & fined for not having them.

Great combo. I ended up with a bronco for hauling and using the pickup for offroad use. Wish I had it your way instead.

Also, rep do you have a SM page? There are quite a few pics of your bronco that I have used before (and now lost) to demonstrate different things to people who were currently building a trail rig and I'm not sure if all of them are in the sig links on the "forensick" page. If possible could you post it up or pm me?
I do but don't update it much. Got pics of both my trucks, as well as my dad's '66 Buick http://www.supermotors.net/users/reptillikus
Everything is on forensick, altho I may have slacked off and forgot to add some links to the index pages. Next rainy day ill have to go thru it and make sure theyre updated.

clean truck! just wondering....are you running the stock d50ttb or did you sas it? it almost looks like a solid axle under there, but it's hard to see. i hated the d50 in my 89 f250, it rode like crap!
The old body style rigs are the best :D

I've always liked your rigs Rept, great stuff.

I've always wondered though, beyond the D60, what all mods have you made to the F250? How many miles are on it?
:thumbup

Just breaking in at 153k miles :rockon

Yes, D60. Had a 6" Skyjacker lift, I ditched the front leafs for stock F350 leafs & a 3.5" Sky shackle reversal, rides mucho nicer now. They are about whooped though, which is fortunate that this Friday my new s/r kit arrives, which ill be using to put Superduty leafs under the front :rockon Edit: Installed (here).
Still got the Skyjacker leafs out back, altho theyre getting old now, def sagged a bit, but I really like the stance- low, and tail-high.

As for other mods, it has a tymar intake, banks d.p. & exhaust ($$$ I know) & a full set of Autometer gauges. I made a cross-over pipe for the heads for the high-pressure oil system, helps clean up the idle a bit. Switched to the 97 PCM which has way better glow-plug logic (necessity, my pcm died). Also got some performance parts from Swamps Diesel Performance, namely their Baby Swamps injectors, their tuned up IDM and a 6-pos chip, which starts at stock and goes to holy crap :toothless Needless to say I violently exploded the E4OD last year towing (destroyed everything except the reverse planetary), so now ive got a fully upgraded one with SS planetaries, billet converter, the whole nine yards. I also have a water-meth injection kit sitting in the garage, which will be going in within the next month once I figure out where to put the tank & pump :rockon

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,198 Posts
Always liked that 2fidy. Looking sharp.

When my f150 grows up, it wants to look like that! :toothless:

KC

·
ate lug
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also have a water-meth injection kit sitting in the garage, which will be going in within the next month once I figure out where to put the tank & pump :rockon
Oh snap its done:rockon

Just finished installing my Cooling Mist water/meth injection system yesterday, so it still needs some tuning but that's basically it.

Heres where i decided to install the controller. Its visible, but doesn't blind me at night (it is pretty bright)

Powered up:

Had to build a fairly extensive wiring harness to hook it all up

The kit comes with a 1 gallon tank, but IMO that's pretty small for a diesel so I bought a 12 gallon tank from the tank depot, and installed it in the toolbox here. While the tank is awesome, I didn't not expect the 6-8 week lead time to get it :eek:

Divider to keep stuff away from it

Heres the tank:

Vented cap

sump, with 3/4" fitting

...and here's the basic idea

So I had to build a carriage to hold the tank securely, and get the sump high enough that the tank can gravity-feed the pump that will be installed next to it

Mock-up, with pump sitting there

Had to put a notch in the toolbox lid to clear tank

Carriage complete, with tabs for other parts of the system

Finished and painted

Note the foam padding on the straps, to keep them from rubbing on the tank

Had to install a float in the tank. When empty, it will throw an error code, and shut the system down so the pump doesn't run dry

Here is the general idea before the final install in the truck

On the side of the frame is a solenoid that the controller turns on when injecting. This defaults closed, so if anything goes wrong with the system the ground drops out and it closes, preventing the system from over injecting. Also closed when the key is off, so it is impossible for the tank/pump to siphon and fill intake with water.

In front, next to the pump, is the Failsafe Control Box, which is basically the brain of the system. It learns your system, and if it senses anything is awry, it alerts the controller in the dash, which is when the system will shut down and display an error code. It has lots of conditions for keeping the system in-line, and is tunable through the dash controller.

I opted to install these items here, in an effort to keep the system contained to the toolbox. The FCB could go anywhere, but I didn't want to clutter up space under the hood or dash, and it seemed logical to keep the solenoid close to the pump.

Ok, divider installed:

Wiring in progress. I like weatherpacks. Used em for years with zero problems, and they make the system easy to disassemble.

The supply tube is nylon tubing. I have it wrapped in split loom for extra protection

...and this is where the injector goes (pipe plug in intake). Moved injector post-turbo at recommendation of people on PSN

So that's basically it. I drove it to work for the first time last night, and it definitely does the job well! I have Baby Swamps (injectors) with an E4OD, 4.10s & 37s so EGTs are always a concern for me, but I was flying (needle pegged) and couldn't get it to 1200º no matter how hard I tried. Im gonna have to hitch up the trailer to get a heavier load on the truck, in order to tune it better. So yeah, its awesome :rockon

·
Registered
634 Posts
Damn that's a nice truck! :thumbup
This is my brother's truck. He's had the rear fenders fixed, swapped it to 5-speed, ts 6 position with Tony Wildman tunes. :rockon He's looking to run water meth in the future

In the near future I'm gonna be shopping for a crew cab shortbed 250, I love the obs trucks, and the ccsb trucks are getting hard to find

·
ate lug
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here ya go

:toothless

Dont worry there will be plenty when I get back from the ECBR :rockon

Damn that's a nice truck! :thumbup
This is my brother's truck. He's had the rear fenders fixed, swapped it to 5-speed, ts 6 position with Tony Wildman tunes. :rockon He's looking to run water meth in the future

In the near future I'm gonna be shopping for a crew cab shortbed 250, I love the obs trucks, and the ccsb trucks are getting hard to find

Don't tell my bronco, but I love the 92-96 trucks :rockon
Tell him to do it! ive only had it in a full day now, but the difference was surprising. Then, when he's ready to do injectors he wont have EGT issues.

If anything happens to my truck im going crew cab, they are so badass.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts