Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dr. Robert Leo Allen, born July 29, 1946, at Hope, Arkansas, died at his home in Wichita Falls, Texas on January 27, 2006 at age 59.

Robert was a United Methodist minister. He had served the congregation at First United Methodist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas for the past 10 years. Prior to the move to Wichita Falls he served churches in Blackwell, Geary, Wagoner, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. At the time of the Murrah Federal Building bombing in Oklahoma City Robert organized and led the chaplaincy response in support of the survivors and families of the victims of that tragedy. He felt honored to be asked by the families and survivors to speak at the dedication of the memorial.

Robert is survived by his wife of 39 years, Madalyne, and by his two beloved children. Jennifer Christine of Dallas, and Jeffery Robert and wife Shanda of Oklahoma City. One of the delights of his life was his grandchildren, Sean Michael, age 6 and Chloe Grace, age 1. Also surviving Robert are his mother, Dorothy Allen, his brother, Ronald Eugene Allen and wife Dee Ann and many nieces, nephews, cousins, friends, and colleagues in the ministry. Robert was preceded in death by his father, William Robert Allen, and his sister Deborah Ann Worthington..

A memorial service will be held at First United Methodist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas, at 4pm on January 30, 2006 with Rev. John Dillard, Associate Pastor and LCDR Marcus Lawrence, CHC, USN officiating. The family will receive visitors briefly in the Prothro Family Atrium at the church after the services. Burial will be private. Services will be under the direction of Owens Brumley Funeral Home.

In lieu of floral tributes, the family suggests that donations be made to the Helping Hand Fund at First United Methodist Church, Wichita Falls, Hospice of Wichita Falls, or Faith Mission.

It's been a bad weekend, but I guess it'll better..... A big thanks to Tomh. Chated with me on the phone for over an hour while I was driving back down here Tues night.. I'd be up over 24hrs shuttling back and forth between work and the hospital... I don't think I could have stayed awake if it had'nt been for him.... I owe ya a beer Tom. Fog

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
I hate saying "sorry" when things like this happen. But unfortunately, there isn't much else to say.

I hope things work out for you.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Sorry about your loss, Fog.

What was your Dad a Dr. of? -if I may ask.

Bill

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Condolences and prayers, Fog.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
Sorry about your loss. I know what you are going through as I just lost my mom last July. She survived 53 days in the ICU after complications from back surgery before she passed. I ran out of vacation time and was working 6 nights / week to bank some timeoff so I could fly from Philadelphia to Florida where she was in the hospital. I made something like 4 trips before she passed. It's brutal.

Just remember all the good times you had with him.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Sorry to hear that Fog

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
sorry to hear it man you are in my thouhgts and prayers

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Sorry about your loss Fog.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,122 Posts
You have my prayers and condolences Fog.
God Bless!

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can look back and have good times to remember.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry Fog

Just always remember he is in a better place now in Heaven dancin with the Angels. Sounds like he was a very good man and sure he was Very welcomed at those Pearley gates. Our prayers are with you and your family. Sincerly CHUCKD43

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Terribly sorry about your loss Fog... our prayers are with you and yours.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Terribly sorry man....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts