Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,701 Posts
Oh man, thats a sharp bronco! Congrats!

Reactions: JohnnyGunner

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
583 Posts
Super nice pick up! Need more pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
Yo Johnny,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Bronco! It looks MARVELOUS!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details,
View attachment 154412

scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.
Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

See our Sites' FAQs, includes for example:
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. See the prizes!
Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked this guy up.
1996 bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0
127k miles.
View attachment 163505
May I ask what you paid. It looks very clean and stock. The owner seems to have taken good care of it.
I have a ‘96 just like it. It’s been the best vehicle I’ve owned I believe. I’ve loved most my vehicles but none have put a smile on my face like that Bronco. I’ve kept it stock and it remained reliable up until it retired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May I ask what you paid. It looks very clean and stock. The owner seems to have taken good care of it.
I have a ‘96 just like it. It’s been the best vehicle I’ve owned I believe. I’ve loved most my vehicles but none have put a smile on my face like that Bronco. I’ve kept it stock and it remained reliable up until it retired.
Yea it’s in great shape. As soon as I saw it I knew I was taking it home. Paid 10k.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
583 Posts
Yea it’s in great shape. As soon as I saw it I knew I was taking it home. Paid 10k.
That’s a smoking deal. I paid a little more than that for mine and while some may think “man that’s crazy I paid $5,000”, I’m perfectly happy with my purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts