Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a couple of years for a Bronco that is rust free without breaking the bank. Living in Michigan of course many Bronco owners drove theirs into the ground. All that were for sale had a lot of rust but most were still running. I found one from Nevada this summer, so now I'm on a mission to give her some care & love. So much fun to drive & I love the ability to have the back window down while cruising.
Fortunately for me my husband has a love for the mid 90's super duty Ford trucks & has accumulated several. He is an engine machinist & has a talent to build a truck from the frame up. This winter we will straighten out some of the small imperfections on my Bronco & then get her painted, the original color of course. We've been scouring junk yards looking for interior trim that hides the bolts for the removable top. We found everything but one piece. My Bronco will be a summer ride only as Michigan heavily salts the roads in the winter.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,473 Posts
Welcome! Where in Michigan are you? I'm in Livonia.

I see you have bigger tires on her.. you'll want to check your PSOM to see if it's been programmed for those. If it hasn't, then make sure to do it! It'll make that truck shift much better, your speedo accurate and it'll be even MORE FUN to drive.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,355 Posts
Welcome! Thats a purdy bronco

We have a couple other ladies on the board currently. @BroncMom and @Rpatt2612.

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's clean. Congrats

·
Super Moderator
29,116 Posts
Yo Smokey Girl,
Welcome!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Take time to participate in our current Full-Size of the Month & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 4spd with OD 5.8L 351 4x4. Stock
76 Posts
Of course!!
it’s just an empty lot, used to be a church but now ever time you drive by someone’s doing donuts haha 😂

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
983 Posts
Looks very nice!! I also am from Michigan & searched for years for an 85-86. You are correct on everything being rusted to nothing here. Mine came from Tennessee but I couldn't find anything here in Michigan. Welcome!!

·
Registered
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 351\ 5.8L, C6 Auto, Original front and rear axle and gears
20 Posts
Welcome and that's a nice looking Bronco.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome! Where in Michigan are you? I'm in Livonia.

I see you have bigger tires on her.. you'll want to check your PSOM to see if it's been programmed for those. If it hasn't, then make sure to do it! It'll make that truck shift much better, your speedo accurate and it'll be even MORE FUN to drive.
I live in Holly. Thanks for the info regarding the speedometer, but the previous owner took care of that. My speedo is spot on.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks very nice!! I also am from Michigan & searched for years for an 85-86. You are correct on everything being rusted to nothing here. Mine came from Tennessee but I couldn't find anything here in Michigan. Welcome!!
Thank you! Have you seen the new ORV site in Holly? They have a HUGE Bronco sign posted against a hill.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yo Smokey Girl,
Welcome!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Take time to participate in our current Full-Size of the Month & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al
Thanks for all the info Al! I'm going to have to do some investigating... I'm starting to get a list of items that I want to replace.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
983 Posts
Thank you! Have you seen the new ORV site in Holly? They have a HUGE Bronco sign posted against a hill.
I have seen the gigantic Hollywood style Bronco sign from I-75, I was wondering what that was all about? I figured it was a Ford advertising campaign for the new Bronco, or maybe the Holly high school mascot was the Bronco, either way, I liked it!! I just went and looked it up, looks like a pretty cool place to test out your rig! I am not into the off road thing myself, I watched all my friends break every possible thing on their trucks time and time again, it was never my thing. I'll stick to the pavement, top off cruising with the a/c on high!!

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,258 Posts
Love your truck!! :love:
Why thank you ❤ she is pretty awesome 😊 (but I'm biased). Can't wait to get her painted. Chick it out a little. All the hey OJ and your hubby had as nice truck comments start to annoy after a while 🙄
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford bronco ii Compact sport utility vehicle

I altho most of the guys here go "eew, purple?" 😂
Aaanyway... Can't wait to see where you do with your rig. You should start a build thread to keep track of your progress 👍

1 - 20 of 33 Posts