Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm proud to say that I am now officially a Bronco guy.

I paid $1600 for it. I had to buy a new carb for it though so it was $1900 altogether. The guy I bought it from tells me that it has the 351W and a C6. I don't know the difference but he told me that the Windsor was better for what he wanted to do with it. It seems to run and shift good. 4WD works good. Headlights, taillights, and turn signals all seem to work. No rust other than some superficial stuff where the paint has come off. The back seat is original and it looks like it's in pretty good shape. The front bench seat isn't. It's ripped up and sucky. That's gonna be one of the first things on my list of repairs after seals and weatherstripping, sliders on the cap notwithstanding. From what I understand, that's gonna cost me an arm and a leg. I might try to rig something up. The first repair will be the cracked windshield. Bronco Graveyard sells a kit that includes a windshield seal. I'm thinking about trying to do it myself. How hard is it to do?

I'm happy with it so far. Being from NV, I especially liked the colors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
good deal! Good job finding such a good looking Bronco. I like the black rims, a great truck to start off as a Bronco guy.

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Welcoome to FSB
NICE lookin Bronco man
Engine should be a 351m-400

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engine

Yeah, I'll take pictures of the engine tomorrow. I'll get some of the interior too.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yeah, I'll take pictures of the engine tomorrow. I'll get some of the interior too.

To tell the difference, if your engine has 8 valve cover bolts it'll be the 351M/400...and the PO either didn't know what he was talking about or tried to make the rig sound better. If the Valve Covers have 6 bolts, then the PO may know a thing or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine

6 bolts. Still working on pictures. Regarding performance, how is the windsor different from the modified? I know they are different engines but I haven't been able to find any info about performance in a bronco.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
very nice. id just get someone else to do the windshield. you may want to check with ur insurance company, some offer free windshield replacement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine

Here's those engine pictures I promised.

You can see the valve cover bolts in the first picture. I forgot about the serpentine belt. I think he said it was off a 80's F series truck. I need to find a radiator shroud that fits. Also, the PO said that there's a way to replace the smog pump with an idler. Does anyone know anything about that? What part is it? I might use the ac pump for on board air.

So, yeah. It's a windsor. What's that mean? Is that good or bad. There's a cheap 400 on craigslist right now. Should I get it?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No real reason to swap back to a 400. You have a nice clean install. Many more performance parts available for the Wheezer.

You could use 2 inches more coil in the front. Most of our trucks sit nose high. Your front may be original & a bit ":saggy".

Welcome to FSB. SWEET lookin truck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
engine looks good. i'd like to do the same swap. engine, trans, headers. maybe even efi.
you might want to research the OBA with that A/C comp. thou. i don't think it will hold oil?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Nice old Bronco! Welcome to Bronco ownership, you'll love it.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
536 Posts
Nice Bronk man! I would love to score an older Bronk like yours in that great a shape!..I would just clean it up and fix all the little crap and throw some new tires and a lift under it and call it done!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts