Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up in Nov. 09... had a snowplow and I have a long driveway. Replaced all the body panels except for the hood, roof and tailgate. Found out I have a '80 engine with '82 emissions and an '84 carb. Won't pass CO emissions.

The emissions place suggested that I do an engine swap as the carb that was the replacement for the recall is going to be extremely hard to find.

Anybody got any advice for me?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,079 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site! Sorry, I'm not familiar with Colorado smog requirements, so no help there. People usually just say hi here in "Introductions". You might try your question again in the 80-96 forum. You'll probably get more info there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I'll try that. We used to live in Pasadena, just south of Colorado and East of Madre... I miss the old hood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, that's strange I just moved from Colorado Springs a year ago and there wasn't any emissions. Anyway I have an 83 and I got my carb rebuilt by Guaranteed Carbs out of Florida, they are on the web and have just about every Carb. known to man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts