Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, well some of you on here may know my dad (archer66) and recently i've fallowed his footsteps and added one more 79 to our driveway.

Its a 79 custom with a 429 from a 1970 t-bird, the motor was rebuilt and only has around 28,000 miles.It's blue printed & balanced, has hardened valves & seats, crane RV cam, Edlebrock intake,750 Edlebrock carb with K&N air filter, Napa lifetime warranty belts, and high output Accel coil & wires. Behind the motor is a c6 with a shift kit also rebuilt with just 28,000 miles on it. It has a 6" lift, sitting on new 39x18x15 Mickey Thomsons.

The trucks definitely rough around the edges but has a lot of potential. And for the shape the motor/tranny etc is in I think I got a pretty good deal.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Your Dad's a hard core wheeler - so welcome to the club. Nice truck.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
Hey, thats my truck in bronco form! I gotta say that I love it! lol. I'm running a black 79 F250, i have 9" lift though, on 39" mickey thompsons baja belteds (just like you) same grill and everything (matching rust also lol) You're going to grow to hate those tires btw. I have with mine. No flat spotting though, which is cool because it is a bias ply tire. Its got its pluses I guess...

Anyway, enough of my rambling, Welcome to FSB! :beer

(And how's it feel to say to your father "my truck is bigger than yours!! ha)

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:beer
That is a great looking truck.
You say its rough around the edges,where?lol
I wish my 81 was in that rough!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dude. That's awesome!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments!

It was pretty funny Smok3y, when we were loading it on the trailer (needed a new rear end) he said, "well...yours definitely looks meaner than mine...". We'll see how the tires work out, but for a daily driver then wheeling on the weekends I think they'll work pretty decent.

And Northernguy, it has some rust in places (left front fender, tailgate, floors) and the paint is starting to show its age. But I guess overall its not in too bad of shape

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Good looking Bronco! Is your grill rusty? If it is I have the exact same grill ill sell ya for cheap. You or your dad can PM if interested.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
arkansawer- Thanks, I appreciate it, but i plan on going back to a stock 79 grill, I love the look of them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, it needs some work but its getting there.

Well as I said the rear end is blown to peaces, actually the only usable item in it was the drivers side axle, but I guess carnage goes hand in hand with the big block.
But today I managed to find a third member with a detroit locker in it for $200, and we have some matching 4.11's sitting around for it as well. So it should be on the road by next week.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts