Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks for all the compliments guys! really appreciate it

I dont have much for updates, other then I did end up getting a 2002 f350 Dana 60 front and Sterling rear, and some 4.88's for them (thanks again BigDel).

Gas prices have really taken a toll on me, driving it everyday. But I graduate in a couple months so hopefully I can go full time at work and get some tonage under it :rockon

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments guys! really appreciate it

I dont have much for updates, other then I did end up getting a 2002 f350 Dana 60 front and Sterling rear, and some 4.88's for them (thanks again BigDel).

Gas prices have really taken a toll on me, driving it everyday. But I graduate in a couple months so hopefully I can go full time at work and get some tonage under it :rockon
Sounds great. Make sure you go with some good looking wheels though, I hate all the wheels made for superduties. What size tires are you planning on running? And get rid of those mickey thompsons, I got rid of my 39's and it was the best decision I've made. Even a 35" BFG M/t self cleans better than they do.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
Siiiicccckkkkk!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Smok3y; I definently want to get rid of the Mickey's as soon as I can. I have some little 35" hankook's on stock Superduty wheels for rollers when I do my swap, but ideally I'd like to go to some 41.5x13.5x17 Pitbull Rocker Radials. But that most likely wont happen until I get a big raise somehow or when I join the Air Force.

Andrew James; Thanks :thumbup

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
I have to say, I love it! Laugh. I run a black 79 F250, I have a 9 "lift, although the 39" Mickey Thompson Baja belteds (like you) the same barbecue, all (complete rust laughed) you will grow to hate the way those tires ....
Can we delete him now? He's just posting what Smok3y said.. Bot...

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,581 Posts
Can we delete him now? He's just posting what Smok3y said.. Bot...
I don't know why every smack talks you. Be honest I like having you on the board. Some reason you always got my back. I like that :beer

Smok3y; I definently want to get rid of the Mickey's as soon as I can. I have some little 35" hankook's on stock Superduty wheels for rollers when I do my swap, but ideally I'd like to go to some 41.5x13.5x17 Pitbull Rocker Radials. But that most likely wont happen until I get a big raise somehow or when I join the Air Force.

Andrew James; Thanks :thumbup
I had a set that I borrowed from a friend and I loved them they'll roll through the nastiest mud pits with the best of them. I wouldn't say they're quite a swamper, but they aren't too far off. I really wanted either PBR Radials in the 41.5x13.5 or Irok Radials in 41x14.5. The only thing holding me back from the PBR's is that they are skinny as hell. I dig the wider tires because they don't dig. They float instead. I'm rollin on 40x17 hawgs and gawd damn are they wide as hell. Also you should think about 4x4 group buy, they have great discounts, so even though tires/parts may not be half price, every dollar off sure helps.

Is your truck a daily driver or a weekend woods truck?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Everyone I know thats ran the PBR's loves them, I just wish in the 41.5 size they had something wider, around 16" wide would be perfect. Out here theres alot of off camber deep ruts with walls on the side, so the wide tires help keep the body off the walls, and like you said the wider tires definitely help float through the mud.

The rigs my daily driver as of now, my commutes only 15 miles each way though. If i join the Air Force id really like to buy a little gas saver and make this a full on trail rig.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don't know why every smack talks you. Be honest I like having you on the board. Some reason you always got my back. I like that :beer
He is talking about Garfed who is some kind of troll. We all have the back of those who come here to talk Bronco. Weasels might as well shove off now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Anyone have a cheap source for superduty brakes? (rotors, calipers, pads) thats the only thing holding me back from doing the axle swap as of now. I've been looking online and it looks like around $200 for rotors and $100 for each loaded caliper just wanted to know if anybody knows of a cheaper route, Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well I sold the Mickey Thompson's, so my axle swap should start here in a couple weeks. I'm waiting on RA's from Cage and Brakes.

Since I'm still daily driving this my dad let me snag his mtr's until I start the axle swap

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yep sure am, I have 50ft of 1.75" .250 wall sitting here waiting to be bent up :thumbup

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks good with the temp. MTR's on it.

I still have mounting hardware on mine where I cut the front of the fenders like you did. Is everything still sturdy with all that cut off?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Is Cage back in business? That would be news.

41 - 60 of 244 Posts