Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks 69SCJ, There wasnt any mounting hardware on mine, and it seams pretty sturdy so far.

And Colobronco, "Cage" is out of business, but the man that designed both James Duff's RA's and Cage's RA's is now starting a new company "Bloody Knuckle Garage". He's a good friend of mine and a great guy to deal with.

here's Bloody Knuckle Garages facebook, he's working on getting a website up. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloody-Knuckle-Garage/193553130690954?ref=ts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
yeah I have a design in my head, its pretty similar to triplesix's bumpers. plate center w/ winch mount and lights and tube outers. I'm also going to build some rock sliders, and a cage sometime soon.:thumbup

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well not much of an update, but an update none the less.

My progress has been slow lately, mostly because my "dana 60" turned out to be a "dana 50" when I pulled a shaft :banghead So I ended up getting a good deal on an actual D60 and I've been prepping it for the swap.

My dad (archer66) decided he's finally going to coilovers on his front end, so I'm snagging his Cage dual shock hoop, coils, coil buckets and shocks. And Jim finished up my RA's so basically im waiting on powdercoat to start the swap :rockon

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So far here's what I have calculated for a rough cost of the build

Spent
Bronco---$2900
9" rearend---$100
lights/bulb sockets etc---$100
U-Joints---$30
Dana 60/sterling rear/wheels/4.88 gears---$150 + warn 8k winch
driveshafts---$450
RA's/mounts---$250
Coils---FREE
Shocks---FREE
dual shock hoop---FREE
Coil pockets---FREE
bump stops---FREE
35" Hankooks---FREE
Carb rebuild---$45
Battery/bigger cables---$150
Starter---$45

Sold
39" Mickey Thompsons--- (-) $1,100
Dana 44---(-) $250
lift---(-) $175

Overall
$2,695

Not to shabby for a 1-ton big block bronco with some decent suspension :rockon

·
Registered
3 Posts
genius that if ford is one armed well I congratulate to you from (ushuaia) Argentina. I have one of the same color but in terrible conditions and I would like to leave it thus. I ask to you if you help me to recover it with photos of yours in its details. congratulations by that machine

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks, Thanks to my dad I have access to pretty cheap powdercoating, so I figured might awsell be a little different :shrug

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Ive slowly been making progress on it this week, just cleaning/painting axles etc. And I got the shock hoops mounted, ended up trimming the inner fenders around them instead of removing them. Trying to keep my engine bay somewhat clean after wheeling :whiteflag

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Well today while I was under the truck I noticed I have a np203 instead of a np205 :barf

So we have an extra 205 laying around that I'm thowing in it, gotta order my twin stick kit for it from broncograveyard :beer

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I got the Bronco in the shop and yanked the old D44 out, and mounted my shock hoops

I got the Np205 all cleaned up and my new 4 bolt flanges on.

My Dana 60 is finally ready to go under the truck and weld on my radius arm mounts

You may have noticed the lack of brakes, well I'm digging through all my extra calipers to make a couple good ones, and putting new seals in them.

Got brakes? :toothless

61 - 80 of 244 Posts