Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hope all is well. Just thought I'd share with you guys my recent purchase. An '89 FSB, pruchased for an even $1000, and here's why. In the picture it looks like it would be worth much more, but when I took a look at the engine (a 351M) I wasn't overly excited, for it had some problems. Rust, and rot things like that, many parts within it are rusted so the engine obviously was either never taken care of real well or it was the final part of the restoration projent the guy never got to. However that just means more fun for me because now I can get the engine I was after (302) to drop in it. I'm still not sure on what other modifications I'll be making to it. I know for sure a body lift, and bigger tires, just not sure how big I want to go, because this is also going to be my daily driver. I'm now quite excited, and suprisingly the girlfriend is as well, as a matter of fact the first thing she said when I bought it was. "We are goin' boggin', right?".

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1415214814.jpg&s=x12

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That's not an 89 its an 80-86.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
And a 351M wasn't offered in an 89, but it was in the early 80's. Why would you want to down down in engine size?

Nice lookin Bronco.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ToddACimer said:
That's not an 89 its an 80-86.
That's what I figured, but I took the guy's word for it, but he'd didn't seem too knowldegable. So I'm gonna run a check on it tommorow or this week some time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is there a title involved?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
jem270 said:
Is there a title involved?
The year should have been on the title and a 80-86 would a have a 10 vin digit of A to F where as an 89 would be a J

·
Registered
490 Posts
thats definetly a 80-86 unless he changed the front clip backwards. EFI or carb? whats the 8th digit on the vin? if its a 351M forget about the 302. 351m Has more power plus i believe the M is bigblock so unless its stick good luck switching the motors unless your upto swapping the tranny. if its auto its most liekly a C6.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wasn't this up on ebay this week witha reserve of liek $5k or somthing? But that is a 80-86 front clio andywa and dont downgrade, rebuilt it. have fun with it though

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
it blings

1 - 14 of 14 Posts