Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post on here, I'm 16 and I love broncos. I found a pretty sweet deal on a 96 Eddie bower. It has a 6 inch lift with 38 inch all terrain tires I don't believe it's regeared what kind of gas mileage do you think I will get. Oh yeah it's a 351w with 86k miles

Thanks,Gabe

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,483 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you found a nice rig..Those are some pretty big tires for a stock TTB setup..

As far as gas mileage goes, I'm guessing you might get in the 10 mpg range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gas mileage in full size Broncos are always going to be low. Besides their weight, their aerodynamics suck, and the big tires won't help at all. If you got to have a full size vehicle you'll have to pay. Thats just the way it is. I'll go ahead and guess 8-10 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys that's what I figured for mpg. What if I regeared? And what gears should I get for best gas mileage I'm not too worried about losing power cuz I don't plan on towing anything.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,543 Posts
A fully stock Bronco with 235s has trouble getting to 15MPG.

You need to show us some pictures yours sounds like a real purty truck.

With 38s if your gearing is stock that thing must be a dog on acceleration. Most I know like 513s or more with 38s but they have also upgraded thier running gear. If you are nice to it, do not beat the crap out of it on the trail, the 38s will not cause too much hassle. If you are planning on wheeling I think I would either down size tires to 35s or upgrade the running gear SAS and a 60. Lots of money either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm ok thanks guys I'll keep all that in mind. It's not my truck (yet) so I can't post pics but I'll see if I can post the link from craigslist. I think I'll get it even tho it's gona get 8-10 mpg cuz I just love this truck.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
your going to blow through wheel bearings.... trust me, id look into getting 35s for it or find a different bronco

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I have 38" tires TTB/8.8 with 4.56:1 gears, and a 357w/AOD combo.
I get a consistent 12mpg mixed City/Hwy

Those gears with that size tire puts me at the factory final drive ratio.

I have ran this combo for several years "without wheeling it" with little to no problems. If you try to wheel TTB with that size tire you will start to have issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts