Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time i went, i brought a friend of mine, Vince who usually ride the trails with his friend and there sammy, we were doing good for a while, then he tells me stay over there to the left, yet hes pointing to the right, hes in the back seat and really ment to stay to the right, but i dont see him pointing... i ended up hitting a really deep hole, and it was to steep to get traction, so so friends threw some logs and what not in to try to get me some traction, only it was to no avail, what happend was the same thing that happend with a friend of mine's blazer, all the "traction helping objects" tore off my valve stem... so my tire went to 0psi and no bead, another early body style bronco ended up pulling me out backwards with no problem, thats when i noticed the bead was broken and my tire was full of mud. so we get the jack out and and lift it up, but my spare tire has a locking bolt on it and i dont have the key, and since i have the american racing rims the lugs are hard to get to and the stock wrench doesnt fit inside so i needed a socket... so with some plyers we got the spare's locking lug off and a borrowed socket set we get to work, and finally get the spare on and notice... hmm.. spare is really low on air... so we wheel it back on a spare tire hehe get to the gass station and air it up. then we make our way to discount tire to get the bead set. they wash it off everything is done.. (so i think), we drive it home, and the next morning pops makes me take it threw a car was and Oasis wont allow me to go threw there car wash hehe, so i hit up the texaco and head back home, the next morning, monday, my dad and i are going to work and we hear a thud, my dad looks out the window and sees the tire doing a little dance so hes panacking cant even find the hazards, (hes 52 i help him out) and we turn to get to the sholder AND THE ENTIRE WHEEL COMES AWAY FROM THE BRONCO, AND IM NOW STEERING WITH MY FRONT DISK BRAKES
wrecker comes gets the spare back on and later in the week we take it back to discount tire and it turned out they didnt torque the bolts down after they used the impact,
there really nice about it and give us all new lugs and a matching socket with the end that fits the stock wrench...
ever since that since i have the road hazard warrenty (4 free flat repairs/ liftime balance and rotation) so i go in there alot and they remember the car and basically do what i say :) SHORTER VALVE STEMS!!! PUT THE SHINNY CHROME ONES ON THE WHEEL TOO!!! THE RIMS ARE THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
i would get them to buy ya new calipers and those crossed drilled rotors, did you make sure you didn't crack the rotors or anything just incase.....:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
85f150 said:
i would get them to buy ya new calipers and those crossed drilled rotors, did you make sure you didn't crack the rotors or anything just incase.....:)
The dust cover bent up under the disk so the cement scraped that instead, they never looked to be cracked, i didnt check though, that was about a year ago when it happend

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
I have recesses valve stems. The cap is flush with the rim. When I go to put in air I take off the cap and screw in a normal valve stem. It cost about $20 for the set at a local performance shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts