Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an original 40 series flow in place of my stock muffler and it is dumped under the truck. It is very gay sounding not loud at all. is it because i have the stock cats or is it because oof my small stock pipe diameter? I want it to be loud as shit. Screw smog here in cali i got the hook up!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
yes probably the cat / cats.

The tail pipe should only play a role in sound if you coil it up under the truck

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Headers will help make it louder.....if you like that sorta thing. Gets kinda old after you have to drive on the highway all the time. Only thing louder than the engine is the bias bly mud tires, especially when you have ripped out your carpet, insulation, and have cut big holes in your floor....man is that loud.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Re: Re: my flowmaster sounds wussy!

davids78bronco said:
There ya go, screw any chance at clean air, it's all about the muffler bark, isn't it?

idiot :twak
yep, another moron who wants a loud annoying truck, and doesnt give a shit about others.

of course i cant bitch to them since the muffler fell off my 7.3L, so now its jujst pipe. god its annoying!

K

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: my flowmaster sounds wussy!

davids78bronco[/i] [b]There ya go said:
yep, another moron who wants a loud annoying truck, and doesnt give a shit about others.

of course i cant bitch to them since the muffler fell off my 7.3L, so now its jujst pipe. god its annoying!
well i have a loud truck, with cats and everything else that makes it clean to the environment, so i guess im considered an idiot as well? just because your truck isnt loud like you want it, doesnt mean everyone else cant show off theirs... hey bumpinbronc, like squattyd said, headers will help, ALSO, i would get atleast 2.5" piping to run from your cat back, and maybe look into a high-flow cat as well... just my .02

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
You missed my point, Kenny. You read badass's reply about his being loud, and assumed that's what I was talking about also. Not even close. bumpinbronc guy here, doesn't seem to care about doing his part, in a very strict emission-controlled state, to keep the air clean, thus ensuring the regulations will get even tighter over the coming years

You want loud? I'll give you loud... all you guys that are looking for loud exhaust seem to have no respect for those around you. Why do you guys do that? Why do you insist on running dual straight pipes? Is it for the attention? Is it because you think you look cool in your vehicle, because of the extra volume? Don't get your panties in a bunch about this either, I like Flowmasters as well as anyone, but I will not blatantly destroy my exhaust, hollow out my Cats(if I had any) and mufflers, just to get around the emission test center and make it loud at the same time

You know, it is possible to have a fairly quiet, and high-performance exhaust, all at the same time. So show some F'in respect, and do it right!

K

·
0 Posts
ok, i understand where your coming from on what he said, alright... but as for the rest.....

you make no sense:twak
why do you have some of the things you have on YOUR truck?
its just what we choose... your calling out your own stupidity saying all that crap you said about it though...sorry:twak
one more:twak !

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
his truck = 1975 dodge:goodfinge no cats

all you guys with obnoxious trucks have obviously never been on a trail or in camp where people don't appreciate that kind of thing.

having a loud truck doesn't make you cool, i just makes you look like one of those spoiled dumb fawks who says "daddy buy a wicked truck yo."

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
bumpinbronc said:
I want it to be loud as shit. Screw smog here in cali i got the hook up!
ya thats rigth piss off the west sac police dept i know alot of those guyus from when i work for a security comp basewd outta there and they hate loud trucks. so alli can say is be glad flatley is retired :lolup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I don't agree with that. Just because the factory didn't see a need too, or wasn't legally obligated too, install Cats, or any other emission devices, doesn't mean you should just say, "F it". Whether, or not, emission tests are required in any given area, I still believe we all have an obligation to make sure we don't, knowingly, pollute the environment. Basically, just keep up on your tune-ups and regular maintenence, and take care of any obvious problems. It can get embarassing for yelling at someone for accidentally spilling oil on the trail, and not cleaning it up, only to have them call you on your grossly polluting tow rig. Also, just because a tow rig might be a diesel, doesn't mean it's ok to just allow it to billow out the black smoke, and soot, everytime you get on the pedal... adjust the injector pump, check/replace the injectors, adjust the air/fuel mixture, or whatever it takes, to lessen the amount of soot

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just cause a truck doesnt have a cat on it doesnt mean it makes more pollution then when it was new. Ive seen cars with no emissions devices what so ever make 1/2 there alloted emission levels.

I remember a few years back someone sueing gm cause of the cats they used made the emissions more harmful to the enviroment.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ya I put a 40 series 2 chamber flowmaster on my 92 and its wayyy louder. Never changed the cats either, dumping it also makes it much louder but the exhaust curls up around the backside of the truck which makes dirt stick to it, usually its dirty after 3 or 4 days after I wash it, thats why I'm gonna weld on some pipe and turn it so it comes out before the back right tire with a nice chrome tip.

·
College User
2,015 Posts
Where I am at emissions was revoked cause it was too expensive for the county or something. i run no cats, but I agree to somethings are too loud. When you are out in the woods, especially the illegal spots, you don't want super loud exhaust. I can't even hear my exhaust over my bias ply tires. I can't hear anything over the tires at 40mph+

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 with 2.25". No cats for the time being - the only reason for that is I am a student and currently cannot afford them - and mine were SOOO clogged that I had to have it towed to the place I had my exhaust done.

Mine is not really loud...but to quote a friend "Man, your truck sounds like it's going to rip someone's head off!" It's also only a 302.

I liked the 2.25" because it give me good backpressure being that I have no cats.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well'p.. ya! it is about the muffler bark to me. im an 18 year old student. and yep, i do want to be looked at. No, im very secure with everything about me im just a loud blow hard to say the least. Did you lose sleep over your nasty emissions when you were 18? Sure you will probaly respond to this telling me about how ignorant i am. But i didnt mean to offend any of you guys. i just said that because my bronco sounds gay. i was just curious how to get it to sound like an original flowmaster. Sorry if i hurt your feelings. Im just a misunderstood kid. please forgive me bronco gods. i need you knowledge and wisdom. so dont hate me please.

Sincerely, matthew

K

·
0 Posts
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, thats the best post ive ever read! man, im in the same position as you, so i got yer back :thumbup

and its only a matter of time before andy or david have some arrogant post to make...

IM WAAAAAAIIIITIIIIIIIIIING!!:beer

1 - 20 of 61 Posts