Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am Robyn, I own a 96 full size and I have been dreaming about restoring it for years but am actually doing it now and could use a bunch of advice.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
"Restoring" is a vague term. It seems to mean anything from a repaint & new rims, to a full-blown frame off rebuild.

Best advice is to not jump into it (i.e., tear it apart) until you have the time & resources to build it exactly the way you want it. And if it takes an extra year or two, then wait. That is, if it's a toy and you don't have to have it done immediately. I don't think anyone is ever really happy with compromises.

I was rattling off figures my head the other day for a nice, frame-off on my truck... $5K for engine & trans rebuild (probably low), $5-10K for the rest of the chassis, $5K for paint & bodywork (probably also low), $5 for interior, and another $5K for all the little misc. (weatherstrips, chrome, fasteners, etct.) stuff that you always forget. $25-30K total, if I act as a general contractor and farm out some stuff, and do whatever I can myself. I think I'd be in the ballpark with those estimates, and that's keeping everything pretty much stock.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Pictures and Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts