Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get 38 mpg in the city. I got a 1994 geo metro from a friend for free. I had to put in $300 to fix it up. It's not the coolest car, but it save me a lot on gas compared to my bronco. It's a 3 cylinder, 5 spd. Only 85,000. I'll drive it till it dies.
 

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
I thought this was going to be another one of the miracle gas savers LOL

good job I have a daylie driver too but it has no reverse
 

·
Roller rockers are gay
Joined
·
19,197 Posts
i hate you so much. :goodfinge i've been lookin for one of those, or a Ford Aspire or something close.

i really don't care what it is as long as it is a stick-shift and has A/C.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
Jackson112784 said:
I get 38 mpg in the city. I got a 1994 geo metro from a friend for free. I had to put in $300 to fix it up. It's not the coolest car, but it save me a lot on gas compared to my bronco. It's a 3 cylinder, 5 spd. Only 85,000. I'll drive it till it dies.
WHew !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought someone had finally beaten the crap out of my 21.6 mpg record on my Bronco !!!!!!!!!!

I've got a friend with one of those 3 cylinders with over 260,000 miles on it. Best of luck, it'll free you so you don't have to compromise your bronco and you can build it without worrying about mileage.

Sixlitre
 

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
All the fuel milage in the world won't matter if your squished after a fender bender.

Adrianspeeder
 

·
Traveling FSB'er
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
All the fuel milage in the world won't matter if your squished after a fender bender.

Adrianspeeder

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
stepchild88 said:
i hate you so much. :goodfinge i've been lookin for one of those, or a Ford Aspire or something close.

i really don't care what it is as long as it is a stick-shift and has A/C.
got a stickshift and AC truck for sale here. only gets 16 MPG though.... the dually makes more drag....
 

·
Roller rockers are gay
Joined
·
19,197 Posts
BurnedB said:
got a stickshift and AC truck for sale here. only gets 16 MPG though.... the dually makes more drag....

i got the stick shift and a/c already. and i get 13 mpg now, 16 aint that good of an improvement. i need something 25mpg or better. thanks for the offer though......if you were serious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
I'm lookin at cavaliers to get me some fuel mileage. Theyre dirt cheap and come with ac and a 5spd.

Plus parts are e v e r y w h e r e and cost next to nothing.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
1995Bronco said:
I'm lookin at cavaliers to get me some fuel mileage. Theyre dirt cheap and come with ac and a 5spd.

Plus parts are e v e r y w h e r e and cost next to nothing.
Better check insurance

Those and Sunbirds are getting penalized in a huge way by some insurance companies.

Too many deaths I'm told

Sixlitre
 

·
Surrounded by Assholes
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
All the gas mileage in the world wont help you when you cant get laid cause you drive a Geo.

Where are your priorities?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
Sixlitre said:
WHew !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought someone had finally beaten the crap out of my 21.6 mpg record on my Bronco !!!!!!!!!!



Sixlitre
You enjoy that record for now...come May it will be mine:chili: :beer ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I have 2 pontiac sunbirds right now. Comp ins. is around 230-250 per 6 months. Just totalled the DD by hitting a deer, paid me $1500 for the car I paid $250 for. Plus I get anywhere from 24mpg delivering, and 32mpg when im cruising to the park and back. My DD is going to be a Taurus in a few weeks, thats been getting around 26mpg. Saves money since my truck only gets about 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I love my Fiancee's Accord LX; Ins isn't that bad, fun to drive, and ohh the aftermarket toys. My bro works in a body shop and all the guys there drive Saturns that they have rebuilt for cheap they like em for the disposability factor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
i wanna know how you guys can justify driving those lil cars, i have a fit when i have to drive the gf's grand am, i cant see, i dont fit rite, i hit my head when i get in, i feel like a could get run over by a mountain bike, i dont care how much it cost me in gas, my family's life is priceless
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,308 Posts
countryboy79mi said:
I have 2 pontiac sunbirds right now. Comp ins. is around 230-250 per 6 months. Just totalled the DD by hitting a deer, paid me $1500 for the car I paid $250 for. Plus I get anywhere from 24mpg delivering, and 32mpg when im cruising to the park and back. My DD is going to be a Taurus in a few weeks, thats been getting around 26mpg. Saves money since my truck only gets about 10.
You're fortunate then Countryboy

My buddy's brother bought his daughter one for graduation

they were arranging insurance when their carrier said they wanted $3000.00 (CDN mind you) to cover the car.

He freaked and asked why as Ashley was accident free with zero infractions and they said both the Cavalier and the Sunbird held those dubious distinctions.

He went back to the dealer and they let him out of the deal penalty free on the strength of a letter from his carrier. Very unfortunately he was forced to buy her a Honda Civic instead.

One more loss in the import war

Sixlitre
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top