Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine was going to throw this Giant (Boulder) Mountain Bike Frame in the dumpster. It had sat out all winter...had to chip away at the set post to break it out of there. I figured I could salvage some parts from it. I ended up really liking the setup of the frame so I stripped it down and repainted it. Took all of the components off from my current MTB and put them on this for the final result. The paint is called Tangelo and is put out by the House of Colors. Four coats of base color and 5 coats of clear coat. Figure I can save a little cash this summer by biking to work.

Before

After

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Looks good. :thumbup I'd watch those front brake cables, I have had two of that style break on me.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments!
1) I have had that same front cable setup for the last 7 years...no problems yet.
2) huh???
3) I'm only about 3 miles from work so not too far at all. Still enough to save a wad-O-cash filling up at the pump these days.

ps loving the mustang...NICE!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
looks good

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
edluvsbronc said:
hope your hands dont get swetty
sounds like a sig line to me. :toothless

great job on the bike, very nice paint scheme. hardtail and solid forks are the best for commuter bikes. very nice score.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ScorpionBoy said:
sounds like a sig line to me. :toothless

great job on the bike, very nice paint scheme. hardtail and solid forks are the best for commuter bikes. very nice score.
The pictures don't do the color justice. The color has a yellow pearl to it, so it changes color slightly in the sun. Best job I have ever done! Good paint product.

Swetty is better than hairy I suppose !:histerica

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
sweet, I just got off riding mine. I have to go 6 miles, but not too bad. Down hioll the whole way to work, kinda blows on the way home since it alwso into the wind and my fat ass has been stuck inside for 6 months not riding. Took me damn near 25 minutes to get home today, shameful.

Damn, that looks sharp though, you ever want to practice and are in WI you can hit mine. the redblk is alright, but damn that is sweet.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I love taking my bike around. A lot more people could bike to work, but just don't want to take the extra time and energy...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spaustin889 said:
i think it needs a lift kit...
Ya I thought about some 35" Mickey Thompson Mudders, on 20" dubs with a 6inch lift...but then I would like a pimp! :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rugerp89ipsc said:
sweet, I just got off riding mine. I have to go 6 miles, but not too bad. Down hioll the whole way to work, kinda blows on the way home since it alwso into the wind and my fat ass has been stuck inside for 6 months not riding. Took me damn near 25 minutes to get home today, shameful.

Damn, that looks sharp though, you ever want to practice and are in WI you can hit mine. the redblk is alright, but damn that is sweet.
The red paint was not too bad but if you look at the bike closer you could see scratches, chips and rust. I'm not the kind of person to see things go to waste. This was a great opportunity to turn something a bit ugly into to something to be proud of....I think I accomplished that. Maybe I should go into business..."Xris's Custom Rides" could even have a show like Orange County Choppers!

I thought that color was sick! They also had a lime green, cherry red, black and metallic black. If I had the money I would have went with metallic black in the back triangle to set-it-off even more.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The paint is lookin' sweet! One of the better lookin repaints I've seen on a bike. You should order a new Giant decal kit.....would really set it off. Nice job.

Oh, and dump the tractor seat and bar ends. :histerica

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yikesbb said:
The paint is lookin' sweet! One of the better lookin repaints I've seen on a bike. You should order a new Giant decal kit.....would really set it off. Nice job.

Oh, and dump the tractor seat and bar ends. :histerica
Unfortunately you are not able to order a sticker set for these bikes. They put them on the bike as a water based decal and then clear-coat over the top of them. The only other option is to have a vinyl shop cutom make them....I have yet to check into that. My buddy is a graphic designer so maybe he can come up with a custom look also...maybe all done in tribal flames or something.

Tractor seat...now that's funny! That is a seat gel pad to keep my ass from getting sore. The bar ends are a self defense mechanism. "Captain...we're going in at ramming speed!"

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
yikesbb said:
Oh, and dump the tractor seat and bar ends.
When you've got carpal tunnel, you'll be begging for bar ends. I have to change the position of my hands on the bars every 2 or 3 minutes or they go stone dead.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More pics

During the painting process...

Close-up

Got a few scrathes putting the front derailer back in place and adjusting...will touch up with black touch-up paint. Signed the top-tube which makes this a one-of-a-kind!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
edluvsbronc said:
i was stating that you dont have any hand grips in the first pic.
funny! Those bars actually got thrown...they were a little tweeked! No I do have ODI Mushroom grips on the restored version.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts