Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said he had some guns that he never shoots anymore and decided to drop them off for me. Boy am i lucky.
He dropped off a Marlin model 336A chambered in .35remington that had only been fired about 5 times. I am still new to guns, and especailly to iron sights (the .22 is scoped, and the other gun i have is a shotgun). So i shot it at 100 yds and did decent, got it in the black about 3 times (about 5in diameter) out of 8 shots. Not bad for my first real time with iron sights (except a BB gun)

The other gun a .22, Stevens model 56 that needs a magazine and has some small damage at the breach, but looks like it will fire fine and bore is GREAT after some cleaning.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,363 Posts
I've always wanted a lever action rifle. Nice score.:thumbup

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
That .35 Marlin 336A is a real keeper! :thumbup

I had a 336C .30-'06 stolen from the baggage area in Atlanta's Hartzfeld airport back in the 70's.:cry

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Awsome score.
I have a Marlin 30/30 a beatiful weapon. What I really like about it is the smooth action and the fact that the expended cartridge is ejected out the side rather than in your face like say the remington.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
great rifles man, lever actions are fun. if anyone wants to know an all around good deer rifle, the Browning .308 BLR( Browning Leveraction Rifle ). the .308 round is a NATo round 7.62 MM. the balistics are basically the same as a 30-06. theres a minute difference. i like it alot, great rifle. its light weight, accurate, looks pretty damn good to i think. if anyone also is getting into firearms, get a Shooter's Bible and Cartridges of the World. two great books.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
Sweat my grandfather was just like yours gave me my first rifle if your interested in gun control pm me always looking for fellow shooters in the area.:thumbup

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i've always wanted the Marlin cowboy gun...love that lever action, nice score!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
jackhart said:
i've always wanted the Marlin cowboy gun...love that lever action, nice score!
So did I, the first time I took my marlin out to shoot a few rounds, After firing 6 rounds or so out of it, I decided to shoot like they do in the movies, from the hip and really fast. I got to the third or fourth round and got one of the live cartridges stuck and stuck good. I never did that again, I leave that for the movie people.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Nice guns, I have a Marlin 30-30 That i love its the most accurate open site gun i have, I had a scope on it but i used it for pig hunting in the brush so the scope was hard to get a bead while your in bushes so i took it off. great guns tho.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone. If there some people around Hayward or Los Altos, im up for a nice day of shooting anytime. Ive got these, an 870 12ga pump, and a mossburg 42 .22. So if your up to shoot, so am I.

I got out to the range with it and MAN at 100yrds i really have to get used to the iron sights. These are my first guns w/ Iron sights, and i need practice FOR SURE. But i was able to hit the black in me first shot, and about 2 more times out of 8 rounds. I really like this gun.

PS. MIKE, THANKS A TON, ive only seem them on gunbroker.com. I may order up two of them tommorow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts