Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys I have been thinking about what I want to do with my Bronco in the future after I graduate and get some money.

First my current setup: 1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W E40D all options and all stock running 31x10.5x15s

What I want: I want a DD rig that can be thrashed on on backroads and mild offroading.
I only go offroad to pull out buddies when they go by themselves. I love to drive down dirt roads at mild speeds(20-60mph)
I am going to keep my 351 but it will be rebuilt and be converted to MAF with a few go faster goodies.
I plan on completely stripping the body to bare metal and repairing all the rust. After rust repair I was going to shoot all metal with "smooth" bed liner then paint the body over the liner.

My real questions are yalls opinions on the suspension.
I dont know if I want to just lift my TTB or go all out. If I go all out I would like to have a 4 link front and rear. I just want yalls opinions on what suspension set up would be the best for what I want to do. I have also thought leafs front and rear but I want it to be more original than that. I dont plan on running huge tires 33s or so. Where I live we get a moderate amount of snow like 3-16in. We have got a lot in the past 2 winters and my bronco just eats it up.

I was not sure on the suspension. I know for 33s, a 4in lift is suggested but you can fit the 33s with a leveling kit. Like I said this will be in the future when I get some money saved up. I am in school for engineering so it might not be too long ha. I also plan on doing a ford diesel bronco with a newer diesel engine on a shortened truck frame.

So just let me know what you think about the idea and what you think about what I should do with the suspension.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
whoa......ease up on the red bull, huh?j/k man....welcome to the club.everything you mentioned sounds attainable with a little money and time.welcome to the machine that will occasionally piss you off, but for the most part put a big evil grin on your face every time you take her out.:thumbup

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Depends on what you want. If you know you want that 4" lift, go ahead and save up and get it. If you start small (leveling kit), you'll just end up getting the 4" later.

Yes, you can fit 33s with a leveling kit, no problems.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Just buy the basic Solo/Camburg/Autofab 4" kit and call it done. I think it'll be the very best setup for what you want to do.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoa......ease up on the red bull, huh?j/k man....welcome to the club.everything you mentioned sounds attainable with a little money and time.welcome to the machine that will occasionally piss you off, but for the most part put a big evil grin on your face every time you take her out.:thumbup
oh trust me I know. I have had the truck for 8 years. 2 years prior to me getting my license. ha I have had a pretty good time in it, and it has lived through it better than it probably should have.

oh and for the other guys. I kind of want the 4 link for overall comfort in driving. A completely 4 linked suspension seems like it would be a better ride than the TTB with a lift.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
The TTB can ride wonderfully with the right spring/shock combo...just like anything else.

If you mainly want to go fast and will only be crawling occasionally there is no reason for you to put a solid axle in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I didnt plan on running full hydraulic possibly hydro assist but I dont know. Ill have to look into that. and the more I think about it the TTB isnt the worst idea ever. I just think the 4 links would be pretty awesome.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Why? I'm not seeing any need for you to go through the pain and expense of getting one. A solid axle would detrimental to your desired effect.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aight like I said I am here to get ideas and opinions. So I have almost everyone against the idea of sas. So I guess the TTB will just be getting rebuilt with bushings and some lower gears.

Now thoughts on which lift kit to get. I was thinking the BDS suspension lift sounded like it was one of the best lifts I have looked at. Any thoughts on the brand of lift? Which rides better? If I need a lift at all or just a leveling kit and better shocks?

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
I have heard the you can't run a front 4 link without hydraulic steering but i don't know why i just remember reading it here somewere.
thats only if you use triangulated upper links to locate the axle. if you do that with traditional steering itll cause bumpsteer. if you use a 4link with a drag link (i think thats what it was called) to locate it you can run the steering tie rod at the same angle as the drag link and wont get any bumpsteer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts