Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bronco is retired to beach and camping duties, heres a pic of my daily, which i autocross.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
new tires and wheels do not an autocrosser make, what other stuff is done to it ? pop the hood!

·
Registered
674 Posts
There were a couple of guy who fitted the older GT-R skyline engines in them. I think they were the R-32 skyline.
That'd be sick. One of my buddies swapped an eclipse turbo into a mighty max. Now he's got a 2-door Impreza with a wrx swap. Both were/are tweaked with the boost cranked up. I love sleepers. :thumbup

So how's that Nissan do in the autocross? I'm just getting my play car going again. I'm thinking about trying some autocross myself.

·
Registered
674 Posts
SR20DET motor? Or whatever its called, the 2.0 turbo motor. That would be slick shit.
Those are pretty common swaps. But my bro had a 240sx which has a similar motor to those trucks- inline 2.4. He thought about swapping a sr20. But he figured 2.4 > 2.0, and boosted the motor he had, and ended up quicker than any sr20 swaps he ran across. The bottom end can handle the boost, he got a turbo and started cutting the manifold to mount a plate til it fit, welded it up, had a little head work done and pssssss.

·
Registered
674 Posts
sense.....this makes none:goodfinge
Makes sense to me, but hell- you could autocross your Bronco if it'll pass a tech inspection, lol.

I've spent a lot of time at the dragstrip, and it's funny to see some of what runs- mom's minivan, stock sedans. Run what ya brung, right? :toothless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts