Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a friend that has 5 mattres stores, 1 delivery truck an 3 drivers. Im 1 of the 3 drivers, but really Im the warehouse manager. I was told I would be getting paid more and that we would be gettin another truck and 2-3 more drivers sometime in late Dec to early Jan. Well so far we have no new truck, no new drivers and I still make the same, $11.00 an hour. I guess its all my falt cause I know that he is azz backwards doing everything, but still I wanted to help the guy out, thinking I would get rewarded in the end?

Well now Im starting to think its all a waste of my time. He doesnt think or plan things till the very end, and then its RUSH RUSH RUSH, and Im the one that has to deal with it an pick up the slack. I try to set up routes so that we go in the same areas on the same day every week, and not everyday. On any givin day we will go 1-2hrs north of the warehouse to 1-2hrs south of it on the same day. Thats just retarded! The owner (my friend) will look at this and seem to be mad an upset that we have to do this, but yet it happens all the time.

I really want to walk out cause its getting old, but not sure if its the right thing to do? I also want to stay cause I think (HOPE) it will all work out sooner or later.

What would you do?

·
Lick my balls
13,047 Posts
I would talk to him as a friend and let him know my concerns. If he still makes no effort to make you happy and do things logically, then I would line something else up and give him notice.

Or you could always either embezzal money or, if that is not possible, you could always "misplace" a few mattresses and do one of those..."pst, hey buddy, you looking for a cheap new mattress?" type deal.

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
I really want to walk out cause its getting old, but not sure if its the right thing to do? I also want to stay cause I think (HOPE) it will all work out sooner or later.

What would you do?[/QUOTE]

I would have a serious heart to heart with the guy. If he is your friend, he will understand your frustration. Hope it works out for you

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
If he's your friend, take him out for a beer and tell him to pull his head out of the certain part of his anatomy it is stuck in. If he wants to continue to waste time and money on dumb stuff, then start looking for something better.

·
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is I dont think he will get it if I sit him down an talk to him. He dosent listin to me or anyone right now, Its kinda like "Its my compy an I'll do it the way I want" kinda thing.

Let me not forget this one....................
Tonight I got a letter saying that our paydays will be changing from the 1rst to the 5th. STARTING THIS PAYDAY! So now the check I thought Id be getting "like normal" on the 1rst, wont be in my back till the 5th:banghead :banghead Can he do that? I mean I feel disrespected by this.

·
Lick my balls
13,047 Posts
Sounds to me like you are implying he is a selfish dick. Talk to him like I said and if he doesn't listen give your notice.

I partnered up with a very good friend on a business venture, Iwont get into detail, but after several months I left the company (in retrospect, thank god) and the only reason I didn't pound his head in was because he wouldn't let me get close enough. It took years before I finally forgave him enough that I would even talk to him. Although we are friends again, we aren't the friends we used to be. The real shitty part is, I was still pissed at him when I got married and didn't invite him. Working with/for friends can be dicey.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i am a driver at circuit city and we drive all over. i can drive over 300 miles a day. our company works off customer service so if we have to go 2 hours south and then 2 hours north we do it (at least here in san antonio). we know that it cost more money to do it but all the customers want there items today, not in a couple of days. we sell a lot more items because we do this.

we have a total of 4 drivers here in san antonio. i make $11.80/hr just as a driver (the other drivers are in the $16 range) so it sounds like you are doing your friend a favor by driving and being the warehouse manager for just $11. i agree that you should talk to him about your concerns. he will probably look at if from a business point of view rather than from a friends point of view. that is why i think you should never mix business and friendships.

as far as the paycheck change, i am not sure what the cali. laws are but here in tx i dont think it is legal unless they tell you in advance.

i hope things work out for you.

·
Lick my balls
13,047 Posts
I've had furniture, mattresses, televisions delivered many times and every time I asked when I would get it, I was given about a 2-4 hour window, and sometimes more. With a window that big simple planning can improve efficiency drastically. Plus something I forget to mention, if you are managing as well, You should definitely put your foot down and demand or at least be firm about getting a $5.00 raise, for now.

·
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
waltman said:
You should definitely put your foot down and demand or at least be firm about getting a $5.00 raise, for now.
was told Id be getting $2,500 a month. Still low but I thought what the hell, Im sure Ill get more later, hes a friend.

Another thing, we just moved the warehouse and it was going to cost him $4,000 to move the set up racks that we have. I told him me and my brother inlaw would do it for $1,800. The plan was to have EVERYTHING gone then move the racks. That didnt happen, what I thought was goin to be a one day job is now three days cause we had to work around mattress and other stuff. Today he was like.... taking you longer then you said it would, I was like, well everything was in are way so it slowed us down. He said to me, I dont think that was it.

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
Tonight I got a letter saying that our paydays will be changing from the 1rst to the 5th. STARTING THIS PAYDAY! So now the check I thought Id be getting "like normal" on the 1rst, wont be in my back till the 5th:banghead :banghead Can he do that? I mean I feel disrespected by this.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he may be having financial trouble. I don't see any other reason to change the pay date. I think maybe I would just start looking for another job. As soon as you find one, tell him you are out of there. It sounds like you are concerned for him, but he's not concerned for you. Not a friend in my book.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Calisa1969 said:
Tonight I got a letter saying that our paydays will be changing from the 1rst to the 5th. STARTING THIS PAYDAY! So now the check I thought Id be getting "like normal" on the 1rst, wont be in my back till the 5th:banghead :banghead Can he do that? I mean I feel disrespected by this.
Sounds like he may be having financial trouble. I don't see any other reason to change the pay date. I think maybe I would just start looking for another job. As soon as you find one, tell him you are out of there. It sounds like you are concerned for him, but he's not concerned for you. Not a friend in my book.[/QUOTE]

+1

Doesnt sound like he's in a good situation right now, and unfortunately you're reaping the benefits of that. I'd start looking elsewhere. If he's a REAL friend he'll understand if you find something else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts