Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hell of a deal on an 1989 F150 XLT from a friend of mine, $100 bucks and a 30 pack! I went to go pick it up today and drive it back to my shop. Keep in mind this truck dosen't have a single straight body panel on it as well as a cracked windshield, no radio, broken signal lights and missing hubs. I bought the truck to work (haul wood, make dump runs, etc). After the usual friendly bullshitting I paid my friend and left. 2 miles down the road the truck dies in the middle of a main intersection. I ended up getting a tow over to the side of the road by a guy in an f350 dualie. I then discovered that the truck I was driving was unregistered. Thank God a friend I know from another towing company was going by with the flatbed, he saw me and pulled over. I ended up getting a free tow, but shot him $20 for helping me. My night was a complete headache, though I did steal a few beers from that 30 pack.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
What kind of 30 rack? Once I know that, I can rule further on the situation.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am failing to understand why you are so shocked at it being unregistered, considering the price and condition it is in.

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take some pictures of the truck now known as "Killer" by my coworkers.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
still sounds like you got a good deal to me. but yeah, i also want to know what brand of 30 pack you forked over.

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Natural Ice (cheap-o)! I got the truck running real good today, I was pulling Posi burnouts and donuts with ease. Heres some pics of sitting next to a junk truck at work.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Hell... there is no contesting $100 wasn't a steal for that. Even without a motor/trans that truck could pull $100 just for someone to take to scrap.

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres the best part, the 302 in it is brand new with only 100 miles on it and I have a rebuilt tranny I can drop in it!

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
the majority of the trucks in that age group around here look like that. I've actually seen worse... and if you asked them to sell it.. they probably say they wanted $1800 or so.

·
Registered
672 Posts
carfull not to scratch the paint when ya pull out of there:toothless... but serously that was a hell of a deal

·
Registered
195 Posts
not bad at all! and for the price you could rip out the engine and sell the rest for scrap and make a profit.
-Justin

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
do the body work, pimp it up a little, and make it a real nice show n shine/work truck,..... then go round your buddy's place with it to piss him off some,... and then say " look how well she turned out, for $100",... that should burn him a little:toothless:histerica:beer:drinkbud

1 - 20 of 22 Posts