Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

My junker pickup rant

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  adrianspeeder 
#1 ·
I got a hell of a deal on an 1989 F150 XLT from a friend of mine, $100 bucks and a 30 pack! I went to go pick it up today and drive it back to my shop. Keep in mind this truck dosen't have a single straight body panel on it as well as a cracked windshield, no radio, broken signal lights and missing hubs. I bought the truck to work (haul wood, make dump runs, etc). After the usual friendly bullshitting I paid my friend and left. 2 miles down the road the truck dies in the middle of a main intersection. I ended up getting a tow over to the side of the road by a guy in an f350 dualie. I then discovered that the truck I was driving was unregistered. Thank God a friend I know from another towing company was going by with the flatbed, he saw me and pulled over. I ended up getting a free tow, but shot him $20 for helping me. My night was a complete headache, though I did steal a few beers from that 30 pack.

#12 ·
Natural Ice (cheap-o)! I got the truck running real good today, I was pulling Posi burnouts and donuts with ease. Heres some pics of sitting next to a junk truck at work.

#13 ·
Hell... there is no contesting $100 wasn't a steal for that. Even without a motor/trans that truck could pull $100 just for someone to take to scrap.

#17 ·
carfull not to scratch the paint when ya pull out of there:toothless... but serously that was a hell of a deal

#20 ·
do the body work, pimp it up a little, and make it a real nice show n shine/work truck,..... then go round your buddy's place with it to piss him off some,... and then say " look how well she turned out, for $100",... that should burn him a little:toothless:histerica:beer:drinkbud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.