Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a neat new tool this weekend at the gunshow. It's a Taurus M410 Tracker. Stainless, 5 shot revolver, chambered in .410 guage/ 45 Long Colt, 6 1/2" barrel with an orange hi-viz front blade sight.

Several years ago I was at a gunshow and found what I knew would be a great gun to carry on the tractor, it was a cheap single shot, breech break, single action .410/45LC pistol called the Super Comanche. Even though it was a cheap pistol it worked great for a tractor gun, but sometimes I found myself wishing I had a second shot to finish off a rat or a snake or whatever. So when I saw a 5 shot revolver in .410 I just had to get it. I think this might be the PERFECT tractor gun. I can carry it with the first three cylinders loaded with .410 and the last two with 45 LC, just in case I scare up something a little more substantal that needs shooting. This is going to be sweet.:rockon The only thing I need now is a cheap drop holster for it, I have found with the Super Comanche that a pistol with a barrel that size is a little hard to draw from a belt mounted holster when in a sitting position. I would really like to find a cheap, preferably nylon, holster that straps to my leg just above the knee, heck maybe even to the lower leg.

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
thats a big freakin revolver. what kind of tractor are you referring too. the big rigs?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Thats a nice looking gun.

Do you happen to have a schedule of some sort of the gun shows in or around Charlotte?

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Now Dave, is that really for rats and snakes and not the thugs roaming your part of town? Gotta protect all those spare parts laying around, right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Very nice!!!

as far as holsters you might also try a cross draw, it tends to work good from a sitting position and you could make any nylon work that way alot cheaper than finding a drop leg holster for that.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
imlikeojnow said:
thats a big freakin revolver. what kind of tractor are you referring too. the big rigs?
Nah, no big rigs for me, my tractor is a New Holland TC30 with a front end loader. Here is a pic of one just like mine I pulled off of the net, I don't have any pics of my actual tractor. I do a lot of mowing and bush hogging with it which has a tendancy to jump up a lot of rats, snakes, whatever. Having something to shoot at them with breaks up the monotony of mowing.

marv said:
How 'bout a pic........
Once again, I don't have a pic of my actual Super Comanche, but here is a pic of one just like it that I pulled off of the net. It's a cool gun, I'd never consider selling it if I hadn't replaced it with something similar. This thing grows on you fast, I was even able to break some clays with it. Very cool shooting skeet with a single action pistol.:imp

Thurston said:
as far as holsters you might also try a cross draw
Despite my missgivings about drawing from the hip, I did buy a cheap holster for it while at the show. I had to go to three different holster dealers before somebody had a holster that would fit it!:rofl: I was looking at the holster right after I took that pic and noticed that you could set it up for either a straight draw or a cross draw, so I'll definitely try it out. I still want a drop holster though. I might have to get another one of these cheap ones and make one of the women folk get busy extending it a little.

Marauder said:
Do you happen to have a schedule of some sort of the gun shows in or around Charlotte?
Ask and ye shall receive...http://www.cegunshows.com/all_dates.htm

MikE2 said:
Thats awesome. I'm sure its illegal in Cali
I'm sure you're right, one more reason why it's nice to live in North Carolina.:thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
cnelson said:
Isn't everything illegal in California?
It would probably give you cancer and cause birth defects too.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,680 Posts
Nice hogleg ya gots there! :toothless

·
Registered
912 Posts
Niccceeeee.

Looks like a great gun to kill hogs with.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I have a little more than 1/2 a box of .45colt hand loads. They push about 1300fps. If you know anyone that handloads I can probably scare up the recipe. They use a 255 gr Hornaday JHP. Is it legal to ship ammo? If you're interested maybe I can send them to you.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I happened to call Dave about an hour ago as he was about to fire his new purchase for the first time. He put me on speakerphone to enjoy the show. He fires and let's just say I hear a sinister giggle and a comment about a 4 to 6 inch flame coming out of the barrel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts