Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i recently bought my 1995 Bronco XLT from a mecahnic, i got it for $2800. He said it has a rebuilt 351w with 9,000 miles on it, mild cam, and rebuilt tranny with 15,000 miles on it, real nice honest guy, has a family and many other nice toys so i beleive him. anyways, did my inspection and bought the truck. so, here are my questions. 1995 california and 1996 bronco's had MAF correct? :tinfoil The factory sticker on the door panel says it was made in 12/94. well here is what I didnt kno.
Factory 5.0

Swapped rebuilt 351W mild cam :rockon the engine bay was cleaner, i just couldnt help myself, i took it mudding on the way home :)

MAF??? like i said, i dont know what it would look like, is this it?

And another engine bay pic

And here is My new Bronco :) Brand new paint, Sun visor, 4in lift, 4.10 gears, BFG 33" all-terrains, 15" aluminum classic Mickey thompson rims, super winch hub lockers, glasspack single exhaust, Full Pioneer sound system and 10" kicker, and an ashtray full of change. no rust. $2800 :rockon

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Yeah, that is a MAF sensor after the air box. 4:10's are nice for roasting tires, and nice Bronco.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice Bronco. Definitely a good score. HOLY NO SLACK on the booster vac line there. You may wanna grab a new one with a little more slack in case the motor flexes when you get on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that is a MAF sensor after the air box. 4:10's are nice for roasting tires, and nice Bronco.
yea thats what i thought, i guess i got lucky he swapped the 5.0 out with a 5.8 with a MAF??and yes, on a rainy day, i can be doing 30mph and peel out, its awesome.
Very nice Bronco. Definitely a good score. HOLY NO SLACK on the booster vac line there. You may wanna grab a new one with a little more slack in case the motor flexes when you get on it.
haha, yes i noticed that, gotta get that done asap

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Just remember peeling out is called exhibition of speed, at least where I live, and can earn you a ticket. Peeling out also damages the drivetrain. I learned the hard way. :doh0715:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just remember peeling out is called exhibition of speed, at least where I live, and can earn you a ticket. Peeling out also damages the drivetrain. I learned the hard way. :doh0715:
yea, ive only done it in this truck once, jus testing the engine out:toothless

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice looking truck, proves their is still good ones left out there....

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
You might want to shit can all the plastic vac lines and replace with rubber.
I just "cleaned up" under my hood and went with silicone rubber vac lines, easy and good upgrade

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking truck, proves their is still good ones left out there....
Thank you, and yea, u just have to be patient and look hard, and find the right owner

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might want to shit can all the plastic vac lines and replace with rubber.
I just "cleaned up" under my hood and went with silicone rubber vac lines, easy and good upgrade
thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
thanks for the advice
Boostcontroller.com has silicone vac line for less than a buck a foot. You need about 20' of 4mm(5/32)line.
Nice truck, congrats on the score

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boostcontroller.com has silicone vac line for less than a buck a foot. You need about 20' of 4mm(5/32)line.
Nice truck, congrats on the score
ok cool, ill check it out, thanks:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
i would contact fireguy @ rjm and replace those battery cables. at least clean up that ground terminal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah man great find... i paid over 2 g's for my 85 model because i made up my mind i wanted a bronco and it was the best deal i could find at the time... the 80-86 body style hits the sweet spot for me though... hope all works out for you dude

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good looking wagon at a great price!
Thanks!
Sounds like you got a decent deal on it, looks like a clean ride too.
yea i really cant find one thing majorly wrong with it, i mean i drove it 2 hours back home with not single problem the day i bought it
i would contact fireguy @ rjm and replace those battery cables. at least clean up that ground terminal.
yes, im just going to change them out when i get my optima, but for now it will need some scuffing up.
yeah man great find... i paid over 2 g's for my 85 model because i made up my mind i wanted a bronco and it was the best deal i could find at the time... the 80-86 body style hits the sweet spot for me though... hope all works out for you dude
Thanks man, and yea those years look sweet

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a quick question tho, my 351 rebuilt and a mild cam, single glasspack exhaust. it sounds like a typical hot rod small block were u can hear just about every cylinder firing, and i have a catalytic converter. i didnt think a mild cam could make that big of a difference in how the engine sounds and how powerful the idle is. i mean my truck rocks side to side a tiny bit while idleing and wen i rev it the truck shakes with the engine. ive seen videos with broncos with cams in them and they still had that smooth flowmaster idle to them. could there be anything else done to this engine? dont get me wrong tho, i love the way my truck sounds and and rocks, and its got some power and take off to it, i cant feel anything wrong with it or feel a loss of power or bogging anywher, i just didnt think a mild cam could make such a difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts