Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, they still need some work. :toothless Just under $200 worth of steel.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something like this. I don't know whos truck this is. I saved the pic a year to two ago. It's going to be a little different but this is the closest to what I want.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I do like yours too Red Wagon. :thumbup

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
That's a badass bumper! So what's the big ass short round bar for?
Lower coil mounts for the SAS. Something like what Lightnin' made exept his are square.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That had to cost a pretty penny

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ToddACimer said:
That had to cost a pretty penny
:twak look at first post:beer
It would cost about 10x more to have them made they way I wan't them.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
90Beater said:
:twak look at first post:beer
It would cost about 10x more to have them made they way I wan't them.
:twak Shit missed that... I've got about $100 in my front and nothing in the rear so far but it still needs paint

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No prob, I was being a smart ass like usual.

The rear is going to be the C-channel for the main bumper and the 2x2 for the tire / jerry can / high lift mount. I'm going to keep it a little more simple than the front.

I plan on adding a reciever hitch to the middle of the rear and clevis mounts all around. I will get the material for that later.

I'm just about ready for my SAS and thought it would be a good idea to mount the bumper and winch first since 250-300 pounds will make a difference when getting my ride height set.

The one thing I didn't get was the DOM tube for my steering linkage. They didn't have what I needed so I'm going to think about my options there. I might get slightly larger DOM and use bungs. It would cost less than having it tapped.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Bungs are a little less. Contact Trevor at wfo concepts. Cheap on the reaming and tapping of dom. He might also have some dom if you need it. I am using 1.5" OD 3/8" wall dom. Tough stuff.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Thats gonna be a nice looking bumper

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
90Beater said:
OK, they still need some work. :toothless Just under $200 worth of steel.
Ok, I'll play (plus I'm bored so I'll clutter your thread w off topic nonsense)

Here's $630 worth of 1.5", 2", and 3x2" angle for a home project. I later had to get another $230 worth. About 31 sticks of angle here, doesn't look like that much does it?

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well dad called and he also went to IMS. He bought a bunch of twisted wrot iron and twirly things. He wanted to fab up a nicer stair railing x2. So I dragged my welder, cutters, grinding wheels over there and we got one built. I didn't bring my camera but will tomarrow so I can take a couple pics.

The first one came out pretty sweet.:thumbup Sometimes ya gotta stop what your doing and help the old man out. He's helped me out more times than I can count. If I get it finished tomarrow I'll start cutting up the steel in the garage.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Steve83 said:
:duh

:lolup
Shit Steve, usually I say stupid shit to make people laugh and this time I was being serious

1 - 20 of 23 Posts