Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a clean extended cab '92 Ranger last week for $425, good engine bad tranny. Tomorrow I'm gonna be picking up an '88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC for $400, good engine good tranny. Gonna put the 5.0HO/AOD into the Ranger :) Factory rating for the 5.0HO in that year was [email protected] and 300ft/[email protected]

This is gonna be a budget project, gonna try to keep the whole thing under $1500 including the truck itself so I'm at $825 so far. This thing should scoot pretty quick and get good gas mileage to boot. Curb weight of a stock ex-cab 2wd Ranger is 3100 lbs and the 302/AOD will only add about 100 lbs over the 3.0/Mazda 5 speed it has now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
2" body lift made it alot easier for me. Without it I would of had to modify the firewall and part of the tranny tunnel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't forget the plus side of selling the good Ranger engine and parting out the Lincoln to reduce the end cost!

Dan

·
Registered
519 Posts
:stupid I might want to buy the elec. fan out the lincolin if you dont use it :thumbup

·
College User
2,023 Posts
Sounds pretty good. Those rangers get awesome mileage compared to the FSB

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
78bronco460 said:
You gonna run it in the tuff trucks?
Ah hell no. It's gonna be my commuter vehicle for work, 60 miles a day.

As for the electric fan, I may or may not be using it depending on how much clearance there will be between the water pump and radiator.

I'll get pics up sometime soon, no USB port on my puter for me to transfer my digital pics.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
if you like the thin pedal as much as a friend of mine does, you will blow the 7.5 rear if thats what is in it now. he now has an 8.8 and hasnt blown it up yet, just a suggestion if you like to roast the tires.

wes

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WES said:
if you like the thin pedal as much as a friend of mine does, you will blow the 7.5 rear if thats what is in it now. he now has an 8.8 and hasnt blown it up yet, just a suggestion if you like to roast the tires.

wes
The LSC has an 8.8 disc brake limited slip rear, same bolt pattern.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked up the Mark VII LSC today, whew what a piece of junk exterior and interior. Engine ran great but the gas tank fell off when we were pulling it out of it's spot where it sat for over a year. The air ride is junk so the whole thing was dragging on the ground.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts