Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:chili: :chili:

taking it for a trial run this weekend to gordens wells. probably end up buying it from my buddy before I get back haha

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been up and down my street on it and Im already hooked, time to retire the ol 400ex I think.

I should be able to pick it up for about 6300bucks, its an 05 and practically brand new with 4year warrenty still. maybe been ridden half a dozen times.

Im going to trade off riding my couisns honda 450r and the yfz to make a decision on which one I want. however witht he deal on this yfz Im already leaning torwards that

so anyone what to buy a clean 400?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im asking 4k, I will take obo tho.

Im not lieing when I say its clean, its one of the cleanest you will find out there. It runs awsome for what it is. I keep up with everyone in the desert and dunes, granted Im not on there ass cause most of them ride 450s but Im right there most of the time.

its an 01, Im the orginal owner and taken awsome care of it
Its got a hot cams stage one cam
white brothers pro meg full exhuast
k&n filter and outerware
jet kit
450r front shocks
450r taillight/brake light
street legal in AZ!
new tires in the rear, It will need a front set sometime soon but not right away
I will include a rear set of skat trak hauler paddle tires too.
I still have all the original parts from it as well

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
I know nothing about them. Most of the terrain around here isn't sand, i know that much.

Let me see what i get for my settlement and i will let you know.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
then you can be like brrrrrrrrrrrap

damn I dont want to work tomarrow, all I want to see is this.....

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
I used to be big into Jet ski's.

Gave that up about 6 years ago. I was backing out of the driveway, with the jetski trailer on the back of my truck, when Mom pulled into the driveway, she was like "what are you doing" i replied with "going to work" for some reason she didn't believe me.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
once thing I have noticed is it dosent like to turn worth a shit. at least compared to my 400, the turning radias sucks but im sure thats due to it being longer and wider than my 400. then again all you have to do to turn it is goose it and swing the ass end around.

this one has had the air box lid taken off, baffle pulled out of the pipe, and rejetted. He has yet to do the cam mod on it tho. Ive only ridden this one when it was brand new so its been a while since Ive been on it, Im interested in how it does with those cheap/free mods. If/When I buy it I will do the cam mod, get an itake kit, exhuast, some nerfs(so I quit running my legs over), and a set of bars.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
yeah my driveway has lots of tire marks on it now. that thing dosent care what terrian its on, it will light the tires up easy

Ive had my lid off my 400 for a while know with no ill effects, it dosent seem to catch anything in the box. I will get some sand in there from the dunes but I just leave the box drain off and it all comes out the bottom.

I dont mind loud pipes but the ones that sound like shit I hate. my wb pipe has a good sound. Ive heard sparks makes a good pipe, thats going to take some research before i spend the money on an exhaust. big money there.

i dont even own the bike yet and Im already figuring out my mods, how bad is that??

·
Registered
145 Posts
cheap way to ride in the dunes without a lid is to throw some panty hose over the airbox. It will help some, a good foam filter oil also. The stock intakes blow on the yfzs. Im working on getting a custom one made for my race bike here. Yfzs are def. better than the 450rs i think. I have rode them and the power is :cry . Im selling my 400ex BTW if anyway is interested. I just need to get it back together! 416, all new powder coat, aftermarker swing arm, a arms, shocks, stem, bars, hiper carbon fiber beadlocks, extended axle, blah blah blah. Alot of money tied up in mine. chassis is all silvervein, the upper a arms and stem are chrome. The calipers have been pc'd red along with the oil tank. this list goes on forever..

Anyone want to I/m me and throw a few pics up of my old yfz, crf, 416 in its old state and my new yfz before i took it apart? lol. If you want. MxYFZ on AIM.

Dustin, get nerfs ASAP! I would suggest an HMF if you ever want a pipe. Cheap, and they are killer pipes with a great customer service. I ran a HMF Bill Ballance Carbon fiber system on my old bike before i wanted different and bought a curtis sparks. I have an HMF on the 400 and she pures. The Sparks and Rossier on my new one now are LOUD.:banghead

White Brothers make a crappy exhaust. Sorry to burst ya, but to a fellow rider... im not going to lie. Even there nice expensive carbon fiber system to their E2 series. You can get the HMF in a QRS(quiet race series) or the regular sport series that have colored cans. GO HMF for your application.

If you ever want more power... just do what im doing in my new bike as we speak. WR450 crank, piston with 13.5-1 compression:shocked (110 race fuel), ported head, few other tricks with the cylinder air jackets, oil jackets, and to top it off with some cams.

To do the cam mod, pull off the valve cover, take the ugh i forget which cam... exhaust cam i think, and move it clockwise i think. I don't remember anymore. Time for you to hit up www.yfzcentral.com You want to see sick bikes, check that out.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah ive heard mixed reviews on wb stuff. I got a sick deal on mine thats why i ended up with it. it does good on my 400 but I wont buy another one. I think there are better stuff out there, espessially for the yfz.

i will look into the hmf stuff, do you have to rejet it when doing the cam mod? im going to go check out that site since Im sitting here at work bored to death waiting til i can go home and load my shit for the dunes! driving me nuts!

·
Registered
145 Posts
no jetting needed with cam mod. Although when you do the pipe as you know, its time to jet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Ever ridden a Banshee? Anything is great compared to one of those. :toothless It's the price you pay for a pure race quad.
Never had a problem turning mine around. Maybe the one(s) you're referring to are driven like a utility quad.:histerica

You'll be happy with that YFZ... they really wake up with a pipe and filter. I've ridden my neighbor's YFZ some, but wasn't really overly impressed with it aside from the plush ride. Guess that's common when you're a banshee owner though.:drinkbud

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now you need to do the cam mod and put a new aftermarket intake cam. Go up to a 15tooth on the front sprocket (as long as your not a real big guy) that thing will rip. And add some padding to that hard ass seat. I am on my second yfz and wouldn't trade it for any other bike. WWW.YFZTECH.COM will answer all your questions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts