Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you have asked for parts of my donor Bronco, and i owe you some of you guys some free parts (Bob). But as you all know, about 5 months ago i hurt my right shoulder at work.

I have a torn labrum (sp) and a rotator cuff that is in need of repair, i guess pretty desperately. I guess if after they do the arthoscopic (sp) and decide just how bad it is, they may have to lay my shoulder open, cut through good muscle, and do the repairs to the rotator cuff and the labrum.

Work unfortunately doesn't understand "light duty" and simple terms like "no use of his right arm". To give you an example of their idea of it, i pulled and replaced the pump on a Cinncinnatti Centerless Grinder today. So what was going to be a simple arthoscopic surgery has now turned into the possibility of them having to lay me open.

The shoulder is nothing but constant pain now, the drugs they gave me only take the peak of the pain away, so it's not ungodly pain, now it's tolerable pain.

I am going to be out of work for 6 weeks, according to Ohio BWC i go the first 8 days unpaid, after 8 days i get 72% of my regular wage. On top of that my right arm will be strapped to my body until the muscle, labrum and rotator cuff heal. When i discussed the operation with the surgeon, he looked me dead in the eye and said "i hope you enjoy pain" sarcastically.

The surgery is scheduled for the week of the 16th. So i got about ten days before i get cut. So i am going to try to get parts pulled, but if i can't get to them in time, you guys may have to wait a bit.

On top of everything else going on in my life, i know get 6 weeks to review it all since i won't have much else to do and i can't use my right arm.

Just letting you guys who asked know whats going on.........thanks for your concern.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Yeah no kidding. Screw the parts, worry about yourself.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Well looks like youll have 6 weeks to get good enough with the left arm to not miss a stroke. :goodfinge

Nah Rob im like the others, if ppl understand then id say forget the parts for now and just let that shoulder rest. Good luck with the surgery and dont let it get you down. Oh and let me know how bad it hurt cause later on in life im going to have to have a total hip replacement. :toothless

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just wanted to take the time to explain the situation. I don't want people on here thinking i am a liar or a thief, i honestly do think alot of the members of FSB, especially after seeing things like the Katrina donation drive and the donations to the help our brother Bill.

It's also part of the reason i didn't post it up in the for sale section either, i kind of knew this was on the way, and didn't want to commit to anything and then not be able to follow through.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
rob take care of yourself. good communication is always key, now that everyone knows what your deal is, they should understand.

hope everything goes well with the operation. keep us posted.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
arkansawer said:
Well looks like youll have 6 weeks to get good enough with the left arm to not miss a stroke. :goodfinge
Yeah I guess it's lefthanded love for quite a while for Rob. Man that's tough losing 50% of your girlfriends !

Seriously Rob

best of luck in the op and toughin' out the financial hardships.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Maybe you'll meet the hands of your dreams in re-hab

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Yeah I guess it's lefthanded love for quite a while for Rob. Man that's tough losing 50% of your girlfriends !
:histerica :histerica :histerica
Here's hoping all goes well with the surgery. Just keep thinking it'll all get better from here.:twotu:

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Sixlitre said:

Seriously Rob

best of luck in the op and toughin' out the financial hardships.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Maybe you'll meet the hands of your dreams in re-hab
You know, if you are normally right handed, it will be like having an affair with a familiar stranger and it will make the love making that much more naughty and erotic.
As long as you are carefull (make up good excuses and such and maybe get a friend or co-worker to back you up if need be) your right hand should never be suspicious, and watch for that random hair that doesn't belong...they look for that sort of thing when suspicious.

Good luck with everything, man. :thumbup

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Hey good luck with the surgery and recovery. You need to worry about yourself right now, not what others might think. I didn't give you that spare tire carrier expecting something in return, I gave it to you to help out a brother in need. So I hope you don't feel obligated. When you are all recouperated take your sweet time stripping that thing down, you don't need to re-injure yourself.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
arkansawer said:

damn, he beat me to it.

Rob, best of luck to ya, just rest, don't worry about parts. getting better and back to work is the most important thing right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Good luck with the operation. I'm only 17 and I just had major knee surgery, I was in therapy for a little over 2 months and after I was released they hired me as a PTA-Physical Therapist Aide. So keep your head up and good things can come from bad situations.

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hang tough Rob. Just remember to sit on your left hand for awhile 'till it goes numb first. They call that "the stranger".:rofl:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wouldn't worry about which hand was my new "girlfriend". I would be more concerned with wiping my butt. I hope you already did this with your left arm. At least it will be fun to learn.:thumbup

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cnelson said:
I wouldn't worry about which hand was my new "girlfriend". I would be more concerned with wiping my butt. I hope you already did this with your left arm. At least it will be fun to learn.:thumbup
That actually came up in a conversation with the president of the company i work for believe it or not.

President: Our Fab guy is gone, you know we have to shop everything out while your on your little vacation.

Bronco Rob: Yea buddy, my vacation consists of learning how to wipe my ass with my left hand.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
That actually came up in a conversation with the president of the company i work for believe it or not.

President: Our Fab guy is gone, you know we have to shop everything out while your on your little vacation.

Bronco Rob: Yea buddy, my vacation consists of learning how to wipe my ass with my left hand.
Aren't there certin middle eastern countries which dictate which hand does the wiping ?

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 24 Posts