Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, Im new here to this site, and can tell i'll be here for a while. It's Awesome! Here's a few pictures of a 79 XLT i'm planning on buying soon. The body is in great shape, the interior is immaculate, and the motor is very clean. The bronco has no paint around the gas flap, fire i'm assuming? Also the paint is checking on the passenger side door. nothing a little armor all and paint can't fix. It has the 400w motor so gas will be bad, around 10 Mpg i'm assuming, but who cares it's a bronco! The guy is selling the thing for $1500 so I can pass this up! I plan to keep the bronco the same colors, as well as keep the wheels. I would like to add a visor, flowmaster 40's, and 35'' tires. Does anyone know if 35's will fit without any lift? anywho....on to the pictures... I sure hope I can get this, that would make me one happy 17 year old! :beer :rockon

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Looks good, body looks clean with no rust and no, 35's will not fit without a lift.

·
Registered
821 Posts
try a 400M, not a 400W. i got 33s on my 78, check out the pics in the sig, see what you think. you probally could fit 38s with a 4 or inch lift, or go with 33s on the stock suspension.

thats a great price for a great truck, if you have any questions, you can PM me, ill try to help you out the best i can.

·
Registered
821 Posts
i use the "M" to help the bowtie boys, they get a little confused. my buddy put a 400 out of a firebird or something into a something or another :doh0715: , and he gets confused when i say 400, he is thinking about his GM motor.

·
Registered
268 Posts
yes 35's will fit without a lift. They fit on my 79 bronco. you won't have much articulation, but under normal driving there is no problem.

the 400 has the same heads as the 351m and they have the M casting in the top front corner. there are a lot of people that call it a 400m for that reason.

anyone know what the "m" really stands for??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got 35's on my 79 right now with no lift, If you get a 35x12.5 they will fit no prob. For rims get something with 4 inchs or less of backspacing they will fit great. It wheels Great because you have a very low center of gravity.
Does the truck have a 4 speed or auto?

Good luck on getting the truck and post any Questions you have. (Make sure you search befor you ask)

-Travis

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey everyone. I'm really looking forward to getting this bronco. I'm goining to talk to the guy tomorrow about it. Have him fix the carbeurator (may be off on the spelling) and ask about all the mechanical workings, etc.. Then it's mine! The guy told me it was a 400m, sorry didn't mean to put windsor, was thinking of my moms rig. It is a auto. I think i'll put 33's on it, even though 35's might fit, so I ain't rubbin or anything. Thanks everyone.

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
ok, I'll back up Travis on this one. This vehicle is stock height in both pics and but the suspensions are the same between the f150 (shown) and the bronco. I am not sure the back spacing of the rims but if ya want to know I can walk out and get it. These flares shown are mounted directly to the rim of the fender lip, so there is really another 1 1/2" - 2" clearence there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts