Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my stock Bronc is not going to win any rock crawlin contests, but it does the trick of getting me to some cool and scenic spots. I thought I would start a thread to allow me to catalogue a pic or two of some of my little weekend side trips. I'll keep adding over time until you guys tell me to bugger off. :goodfinge

Note: At this point, most of these will be about the scenery, and not the mad stock suspension flex. :toothless

I'll start with the classic poser shot of my ride on the shore of Toby Creek near Invermere, BC (same as my avatar)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I spent the afternoon at a local rock climbing site with a couple of friends, and then took a ride up the valley to meet a friend who was deer hunting. He has been hunting an elusive 4-point for a week now in an alpine basin at about 8000', so I agreed to meet him up there in case he got lucky.

He didn't, but it was a cool ride anyway. :thumbup

The ride up, with my resort home in the background (taken at 7000').

The Paradise Mine Cabin, with Bruce doing his best "Red Dawn" imitation.

The cabin and basin (8000+').

The fall colours in the basin.

The old Mine Shaft entrance.

That's all for today. Next weekend we are talking about heading out to Jumbo Glacier to play in the snow. We'll see what I can shoot, hit, or get stuck in out there. :twotu:

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
Looks good you got a good looking truck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thats a damn nice place. little to cold looking for this florida boy though.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
mcaldwell said:
...then took a ride up the valley to meet a friend who was deer hunting. He has been hunting an elusive 4-point for a week now in an alpine basin at about 8000', ...
Just a quick FYI for all you who don't know in the PNW and I assume BC we only count ONE side of the antlers so a 4 point up there is = to an 8 point down here... just my .02

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I haven't had a chance to get out playing in the last couple of weeks, but I did take a road trip to Nelson BC this weekend for a Fire Dept meeting.

Nothing fancy, but since everybody loves pics, I thought I would drop a couple more in.

Here is a couple from the Salmo Creston Pass. It's beginning to look a little like Christmas around here.

Here is another from the summit of the pass. It was pretty dark and dreary, but still a nice scene.

And here is the way down into Creston. Getting warmer.

And finally, while in Creston, Yes I did see Bigfoot! :toothless

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Awesome pics. While I don't think I could live there - that looks AWESOME.

How about some info on your roof rack.

:beer
Bill

·
My Ass Is A...
985 Posts
87EBBronco said:
Just a quick FYI for all you who don't know in the PNW and I assume BC we only count ONE side of the antlers so a 4 point up there is = to an 8 point down here... just my .02
Wyoming and Montana as well...it is the Southern boys that call a 4x4 an 8 point {insert laughing smiley here}

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome pics. While I don't think I could live there - that looks AWESOME.

How about some info on your roof rack.

:beer
Bill
It came with the truck, so I don't have a lot of info on it.

I have seen quite a few of them around BC and especially the lower mainland though. I guess they were a popular aftermarket rack around here.

I have plans to get a custom safari rack made with off-road lights and tool mounts that I can bolt right onto it. I like the fact that I can run that rack with the top off.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So this weekend a buddy and I went out deer hunting again. Saw plenty of em, but only one four point who took to his heels as soon as we got out of the truck.

I did make a couple of other cool finds on the trail however, so I thought I would share.

This is an old abandoned piece of logging equipment we came across.

And to my surprise, we found this old early 80's Bronco overturned and burned out in a clearing along one of the trails. I said a little prayer for it, and observed a moment of silence before moving on. :toothless

And further down the trail we passed through some free-range cattle country. We saw lots of brown cows, and lots of black cows, but only one brown and black cow. It just seemed a little odd, so I took a pic.

And as our trail ride was ending, we came a cross a nice steep muddy hill. Neither of us knew what was on top, so that meant we had to climb it. :thumbup
Here are a couple of shots of me at the top (great view!), and coming back down.

So at the end of the day, no deer for the freezer, but all-in-all a fun day of easy wheeling.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get a shot at or of the 4-point, but here was a nice healthy 3-point Mule Deer that almost got us excited.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
AKBearMoose said:
Wyoming and Montana as well...it is the Southern boys that call a 4x4 an 8 point {insert laughing smiley here}
I've never heard them called 4x4s or 4pts. Doesn't make sense. All I care about are the total points and many don't have the same points on each side. So chalk one for the Minnesota boys that call them as they are: 8 pointer!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.