Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1996 bronco with a 351 out of a gran torreno bored out rv cam flat top pistons msd headers flowmaster origanl fuel injection of the bronco runs real good but will not go any where for the reason that I just ripped the spider gears in it out its the 8.8 shuld i go and get new spider gears a limited slip locker or go with a 9 in or even biggerand is there any problems in switching the rear end with another one like in my 95 ford i had ithought it was a good idea to switch from a 8.8 to a 9 and i lost my abs and speedo please fill free to tell me what you think

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I think you need punctuation. Bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want this to be good for every day driver but at the same time be able to out on the weekend and go trail riding and muddin

I run 33 inch tires would like to up grade to 35 or 36 in the future

I have been known to race anything with 4 wheels

I think that I am pushing 325 horses and i do not know about torque

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
I personally think your 8.8 will hold up just fine. If it is a daily driver I would add a limited slip, or a on/off selectable locker. Obviously spider gears are your cheapest solution, but don't expect much traction on a wet/off camber trail.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to the ford dealership and ordered a ford racing limited slip centersection for only $230. good deal i think considering the spiders gears were 125 by themselves. or u could buy mine its for sale on here. i went with an auburn unit when i changed to 4.56 gears

·
I see Broncos
6,041 Posts
abra said:
i failed english:whiteflag cant spell worth a crap either:banghead

I failed english 3 out of 4 years in HS. Scary thing is that I speak and write better than most college graduates I know. I can't spell worth a darn but, I figure that area of my brain is being used for my automotive knowledge.

As for the question at hand, really your best option is to go to a 10.25 rear and go to 8 lug fronts. It'll make your truck look weird but it also won't be twising off rear axles or detonating the rear diff.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Froggmann said:
As for the question at hand, really your best option is to go to a 10.25 rear and go to 8 lug fronts. It'll make your truck look weird but it also won't be twising off rear axles or detonating the rear diff.
DAYUM! He's Daily driving this thing for the most part. Budget wise i would stick with the 8.8. If i came across a 9" cheap i wouldn't let it pass by.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I may be wrong but I thought Gran Torino's had 351 Clevelands not Windsors. If so how did you make the fuel injection work.:scratchhe

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh, and the 8.8 will probably hold up fine. Especially since they were used in Mustangs. Lots of aftermarket HP stuff.

·
A beer and a gun
2,073 Posts
Don't do the 9" swap. You've already seen the outcome of that on your '95; why would you even consider doing it to this one? The 8.8" vs 9" comparison has been beat to death here, and in the final analysis: don't bother doing it on a 92+. I'm not going to discuss prior years as this does not need to be a 20-page venomous thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts