Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more pics

Tube cut to length

Square tube cut to length

Welding time, I'll be back in an hour

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
looks good, about time you made some progress. Better hurry only 3 weeks left. tick tock tick tock

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One arm done. Yes I need to screw the heim in

·
Registered
615 Posts
heres some pictures of his welding work.

[

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Wow, what's that about 18" of extension? Looks good.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
90Beater said:
Wow, what's that about 18" of extension? Looks good.
That's what I was thinking. I don't know about all that, not knocking the work, just the length. I think it's adding more likelyhood of bending. There is only so much to be gained by lengthening unless there are going to be other major suspension mods. These look like they would be overkill for the superflexy superflex coils. And anything less will just make these a hindrance.

What is the overall length? They look like they would be a good 8" longer than the cage arms.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
just for info, the bent and twisted extensions are only 11" long. its too late now, but did you look to see where these are going to have to mount to the frame?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Am I the only girl that came in here expecting to see some pics of somebody's strong sexy arms?

I feel cheated. However those radius arms look good. Good job. :thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
axaviere said:
just for info, the bent and twisted extensions are only 11" long. its too late now, but did you look to see where these are going to have to mount to the frame?
It doesnt matter where they mount on the frame. I'm building a tranny crossmember for my ZF that's going to have built in radius arm brackets and a full t-case skid plate. So it's not too late.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
got both arms done yet? then get that axle under it so you can locate your mounting points for the coil buckets (unless those are done) and radius arms. then in liek 4 more years at this pace it will be done haha.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Nice work.....I am thinking I have alot more searching ahead before I start buying parts for my D60 Swap.....Oh Mel is was sorta thinking the same things about arms...This one scarred my brain

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Don't worry that didn't happen with the jump. It was from dragging the broken axle about 2 miles that caused the left side to bend like that.

I don't think boxing it in would have helped much under the stress they were in.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Alright another pic a comparison, mine to stock.

I dont know where the bushing mounts on the original arm but you can see mine's about 10 inches longer.

This is what they looked like when I got them

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Thanks for the pics.....retract what I said earlier about length, they are actually perfect....they are about 1.5" less than cage arms.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah they look pretty good or at least the one that is done does. I wish it wasnt 90 outside. More pics coming later when the axle is ready to go in under the truck

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Shadofax said:
Thanks for the pics.....retract what I said earlier about length, they are actually perfect....they are about 1.5" less than cage arms.

That's what I like about Shadowfax, he's objective!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts