Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
:cry

I'm struck with dismay...where are the PICS?

:toothless

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sub box

where I have it mounted

amp a guy gave me had it fixed for $60

tools used, table saw not shown

these screws are nice, home depot flooring section. they counter sink them selves and the splines are sairrated (?)

used to mount subs in cut outs

this stuff is mean

I used the liquid nails to caulk EVERY seem inside. I let it dry over night and painted it with the rubberized paint the next day. So far no air leaks. I used one of those bass testing cds (dwloaded) and it hits hard as shit. It makes my ears ring. I don't know why anyone would need something any louder. These are the ports I used http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=268-350

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
hey thats ... nice. afterall who needs cargo space huh? lol, as long as you like it, thats all that matters. it just takes up alot of space. i dont see how my dog could move around with that there

·
0 Posts
Those flooring screws are for laying concrete board over a sub floor down in places like a bathroom where tile will be installed.

I bet that is loud as hell

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
how does your dog get from the passenger seat to the back gate? you DO have a dog dont you??

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
So....do you not have to measure for the box's air space inside each compartment because of those ports? I don't understand those.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
go here http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp and put in the information and it will tell you what you air space will be. Also from what I have read ported boxs are more loud and a sealed box has a tighter bass, but you have the amp to push them. I have the amp to push them but with a big open area I opted to go for sound.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I like that grill guard :brownbag

Where'd you get it?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
lol, my dog rides b!tch too. she loves that spot. my male used to lay in the back before he passed away. i have a small platform thats a foot high that they use as a step up since they were 160 pounds - male and 100 for the female. they can jump, but as they got older i made them a step.

i always wonder since dogs have such good hearing, does our radio/stereo sound even louder to them??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts