Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for sounding like a little kid but i don know WTF the things called. its right to the left of my distributror cap. its leaking where the little hose goes into the thing. again sorry for the lack of knowledge but any help would be great. also how does it come off? does the whole thing swing or does the nut just come off?
:doh0715:

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,139 Posts
I think I know what your talking about. It goes into the intake right by the thermostat housing. The top swings as the bottom does not. The bottom nut is what youll have to turn to get that thingy..lol out. Just took mine off the other day as I am having my engine redone. Hope this helps
:doh0715:

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Heater hose fitting? There's a smaller hose that goes from that fitting up to the throttle body. Nobody ever replaces those, so it's probably the original, all crusty and chit. There should be a spring or hose clamp holding it to the fitting. I believe it's 3/8-inch hose. Fuel line is okay to use for replacement. Get some high-quality replacement clamps though.

You may find it easier to remove the throttle body to access it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heater hose fitting? There's a smaller hose that goes from that fitting up to the throttle body. Nobody ever replaces those, so it's probably the original, all crusty and chit. There should be a spring or hose clamp holding it to the fitting. I believe it's 3/8-inch hose. Fuel line is okay to use for replacement. Get some high-quality replacement clamps though.

but its not the hose. its the metal thing by the dis cap.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
but its not the hose. its the metal thing by the dis cap.

water temp sensor? mounted by the dizzy, in the lower intake? round with wire on the end?

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,500 Posts
Take a post a picture - save everybody a headace.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
water temp sensor? mounted by the dizzy, in the lower intake? round with wire on the end?
not sure it has a hose coming from it going into the throttle body. and a metal tube coming from the "thingy" and then going into a rubber hose and that goes into my firewall. it also has an eletrical plug which im thinking is a sensor of some sort?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,208 Posts
It's the coolant retarder. It's part of the frievous valve. If your lucky you can buy it by itself, but most end up buying the entire thing, since it's probably about to go out as well. Just call & ask at any auto parts store for a frievous valve. If they don't have any idea what you're talking about, tell them that only a dope doesn't know what a frievous valve is, hang up & call the next store ;)

Seriously, Ed, we can keep guessing, but a pic of the part in question would sure help us figure it out. Is it leaking coolant, oil, red fluid, gas, vacuum, exhaust or root beer? Do you mean to the left when sitting in the driver's seat, or when standing by the front bumper? (Driver's seat is the standard, btw)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the coolant retarder. It's part of the frievous valve. If your lucky you can buy it by itself, but most end up buying the entire thing, since it's probably about to go out as well. Just call & ask at any auto parts store for a frievous valve. If they don't have any idea what you're talking about, tell them that only a dope doesn't know what a frievous valve is, hang up & call the next store ;)

Seriously, Ed, we can keep guessing, but a pic of the part in question would sure help us figure it out. Is it leaking coolant, oil, red fluid, gas, vacuum, exhaust or root beer? Do you mean to the left when sitting in the driver's seat, or when standing by the front bumper? (Driver's seat is the standard, btw)
its leaking coolant. and its left of the cap if your facing the truck head on and looking straight at the motor. sorry for no pics but my old lady has the camera and shes not home. but thanks for the help everybody and being patient.:beer

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
i'll go take a snap shot for ya

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
maybe this will help, i'm to lazy to pull the intake tubes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
pic #1? "hot water heater elbow conection" part #18599

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is leaking too. I was trying to replace the ECT on Saturday and when I put it all back together, it started leaking. I am going to JB Weld the crack for now until I can go to the Junk yard and get one.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If your thingy has green stuff leaking out of it you might want to go see a DR.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

i noticed when i took the pics,i gotta add this to the do list.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts