Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a peice of shit and i hope it explodes.

I got my truck in November for 2200$. I had to replace the rear main seal, the oil pan gasket, rear shocks, and something with the injectors. Got it fixed. After a few months, I was driving home from skool and my fuel pump died. Got it fixed. Soon after, a new starter was needed. Got a new one and fixed it. Then one day i was driving home from work and my brakes died. New calipers, rotors, and pads. Got it fixed. I needed a new u joint too. fixed it. Then it devloped a stalling problem. New idle air control valve, fixed it. Then im driving to work and my alternator dies. Fix it. So yesterday im driving out to western MA (about 100 miles from home) and a big truck cuts me off so i stomp on the brakes and pop a brake line. Since im not anywhere neer home and it would have cost 500$ to get it towed home, i get it towed to pepboys (the only place opened on sunday) where they charge me 175$ for a ****ing brake line. DAMMIT ALL!!! :banghead . Now the friggin thing leaks oil because something is clogged inside and all the oil vapor goes straight into the air box), needs a new starter (again), and the stalling problem is back. Mabey i'll go buy a chevy... :shocked did i say that???

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i understand how it goes. i put about 10000 in my bronco in a span of 2 years, about 2k of it was for the same problem, which didnt get fixed until i fixed it for free, so i was out 2k for nothing. i bought a seat for a grand, and all new steering was about a grand. the rest was little things, tires for 550, and numerous other things, but i wouldnt ever have sold that thing if i didnt have to. i loved it to death and half the fun was working on it. i think you are crazy for wanting a cheby, my moms suburban has had abotu 4k put into it and it is just a 99. so thats my deal, i say keep it, eventually you will replace almost everything, and it will be good as new!

wes

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
2200 bucks, for a 13yo truck, and you're complaining? Did you honestly think you'd be getting a like-new truck for that price? it's old, it needs work... or... buy a honda

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not too be picky or antything...but most of that could've been fixed by you for penny's on the dollar! These definately aren't for people who aren't willing to get dirty...I mean even the 96 is 7/8 yrs old now and things do go bad. Might want to take a shop class and keep the Bronk...it'd be cheaper!:thumbup

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sorry to hear it dude. It does suck to have to put money into something you just bought but...

Even if you buy a 13 yr old Honda, Chevy or whatever the fawk else, you're going to be replacing starters, brakes and other electronics. The person that sold it to you( or any of us buying a used vehicle) didn't do a bunch of maintenace to it before they sold it. THEY WANTED TO GET RID OF IT BEFORE THEY HAD TO PUT ANOTHER DIME INTO IT.

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
oil vapor goes straight into the air box), needs a new starter (again), and the stalling problem is back. Mabey i'll go buy a
pcv valve, starter, clean out the iac. Can't be what 100bucks total. quit whining

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Starter is less than 3 months old, pcv valve is less then 3 weeks old, and the iac is less than a month old. read my post before you go flipping shit.

doesnt matter anyway, my parents are MAKING me sell it. Friggin doosh bags... if i want to keep fixing my truck so it runs nice then so be it...**** them and their stupid parental ways. I hate being 17............

·
Registered
235 Posts
you must really not like Broncos then I've had four, own three right now and have put more money then you into them,
and get this I only work 30 hrs/$7.85 think that buys alot NO but I stiill spend my money on them
alot of the stuff you did was unnesacary
If you really hate it then why don't you buy a zuki like someother dumba55 on here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im just sick of it always breaking...i want to be able to go on a road trip with out constantly worrying that something is gonna explode.

what did i do that was unneccicary?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
17 (i happen to be 17 so i feel ya :toothless ) does suck but after 17 comes 18 :thumbup whohoooo do whatever you want i say down the road save up some more money buy yourself another nice bronco (keeping in mind you are going to save up extra for repairs) and knock yourself out

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
freeridefabrications said:
im just sick of it always breaking...i want to be able to go on a road trip with out constantly worrying that something is gonna explode.

hey i know how ya feel about that i got my 87 for 700 bucks i have dumped close to 8k in my truck and it still breaks down and i fix it again and again and again and the story goes on but hey that is the deal with having a 16 year old truck and i love the damn thing at least this week :thumbup

·
Registered
90 Posts

Man, dont feel like your alone, hell, im nervouse driveing mine ten miles down the road, but I do it anyways, its all I got to drive somedays, and I am wanting to spend some money on it to fix it up. its got alot of probs, it wont even pass inspection round here. its bad when you got to try to avoid all the usuall traffic check areas the law sets up. im lucky so far, but that will probably run out soon. haha.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Piece of shit car, Piece of shit car...Its a really big piece of shit.

I think Adam sandler and you have something in common.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Re: My truck is a peice of shit and i hope it explodes.

Then one day i was driving home from work and my brakes died.
Brakes just don't die...they kind of have this gradual wear out thing going for them....so they let you know when you need them before you actually need them type deal.

·
Registered
755 Posts
dont worry dude, its all in the life of a bronco, mines the possessed bronco for a reason! it adds charcter when its complted and makes ya feel satisfied, good luck, dont let it beat ya!!!!! show her whos the boss!!!

air

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.