Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

my "under the hood" pics (no dial up)

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DeepSeaSnake 
#1 ·
since once again my 79 1/2 is attracting attention as being the boards "most ate up paperweight" I thought I'd throw some pics of her up and see if you eliteists can pick out anything I havent caught yet. (notice I said caught, not "fixed", "done something about" or "corrected" in other words, still a work in progress)

:goodfinge please, bash away just know I had nothing to do with it unless its shiny or clean
:thumbup

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
yo, how about some plug wire looms to prevent X-firing?

And I think that hose patch is a bit risky; esp if it does leak; murphy's law says it will hose the distr. down. Maybe a metal shield (soda can cut-out, etc.) to prevent this till you get a new hose?

good luck! nice swap!

#7 ·
#8 ·
there is actually no leak on the radiator hose, he had the fuel line taped to it :wacko and now its all melted and I cant get it to peel off (duct tape goo)

and yes the vacuum advance needs to be hooked up (I think anyway) it is now :)

but now that bitch wont start I think its timing but am too scared to pull the dizzy off again (for fear the shaft will fall) any ideas would be great thanks

I think it may be time for a new dizzy, any suggestions?

#10 ·
If I go grab new valve covers do I HAVE to get ones w/ the holes in them?

Here is the linkto my most recent pics on superford and if you want to look at the fullsize images of the ones above they are there and MUCH bigger

#13 ·
hey yesterday I encountered a problem when trying to start her up for the first time in like at least 2 months. I'm not sure I connected the elec. choke in the right place, I put it on top of the bolt that the + battery cable goes to on the starter solenoid, see pic, I realised that means its always on so I pulled it off this mourning.

I repeatedly tried to turn it over last night but the timing is so out of wack it wouldnt even come close. I still tried though and on the last try I heard a "pop" or "click" and now I have nothing, no lights no camera no action, however the starter makes a little hum if I turn the key to go. any key position before that does nothing.

later today I will do the whole top dead center thing and give the battery a jump and hope the battery just lost juice. so I'll report back with anything new.

where should I attach the elec. choke though?
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.