Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says most of it...

I have never been to MB before.

I have recently gotten into road biking - and I was going to bring my bike so in our off/down times I could go for a ride. Are there good places to ride? Safe?

Most of the guys I go with golf (I do too, but have little to no interest with the number of people going) -- SO, I plan to do some fishing, I know this will be Tuesday. How is the fishing in the area? Any suggestions?

That sums it up.

Thanks in advance!
Bill

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
The biggest thing to do in MB would be golfing. There is plenty of pier fishing available and of course charter boats depending on how much you want to spend. The fishing is pretty good down there in the summer time...I've never fished there in the winter months.

MB is mainly a huge tourist attraction. For biking I would try Myrtle Beach State Park or some of the terrain around bare foot landing. There is a House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach. The biggest shopping attraction is Broadway at the Beach. It has a lot of shopping, some nice restaurants (Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Nascar Cafe, and plenty of good seafood and BBQ places)

MB has pretty much anything you want to do, but it does cater to golfers. Depending on how busy it is you may find it difficult to ride a bike on the sidewalks, but there are always plenty of people riding on the beach.

I've been going down there 4-5 times a year , any Q's let me know.

·
Registered
240 Posts
check out the bass pro mega store at north mytle,if you never have been to one, :thumbup everything for the outdoorsmen a to z, theres a lotta good outlet stores also. they are on the way to house of blues at north end. i only go to h.o.blues if theres a band playing i wanna see its a nice place, if you dont mind standing all night![not enough chairs] fishing not bad right now off piers and surf ,try shimp, bloodworms,cut mullet, the spots, blues,whiteing, are biteing off and on . check out the pier 1st to see whats going on before you fish,[ nobody getting any ,= nothing biteing] but you wont know inless you go. i can sit on a pier all day and not get a bite and still have a good time. and where theres golf theres tit bars, some of the nicest ive been to:shocked the weather should be mild to chilly, its 54 in southern nc tonight at 12;00am enjoy your trip and let us know how it turned out
nc mack man. p.s they also have gambling boats on north end if interested [texas holdum,blackjack slots,etc]

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fish for just about anything that swims.

When we were there it was too cold to do any fishing. Nothing was running near the piers and the time we had scheduled for fishing was not much better. We had a great time just cruising around the area between conferences. What a great time to be in MB, it seems. When there is no one else there. I couldn't imagine being there in the middle of Summer when the places are packed. That's too much for me.

I look forward to going back some off-season, and just bringing my golf clubs, fishing pole (just in case) and my bike.

Found a few great places to eat up in Calabash and a nice little local bar in MB right across from our hotel.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts