Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times, my back window motor wont operate at times. Like, today I went to put it down and it wouldn't until half way through the drive then I tried again and it worked. It's done this on a few occations. Any ideas?

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes. I was told the same thing (by the same person), and did the same thing. READ READ READ!! Althought I still can't find out where to get JUST the little teflon bushing things at... I know you can make them, but I figure the ones in there previously lasted 15 years :)

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
yes. I was told the same thing (by the same person), and did the same thing. READ READ READ!! Althought I still can't find out where to get JUST the little teflon bushing things at... I know you can make them, but I figure the ones in there previously lasted 15 years :)
If you are talking about the motor gear bushings, any parts store should have them in the "help!" section. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks.

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
he may be talking about the striker bushings ...i had that issue with mine as well
electical tape around the striker will work 'till he can get the new bushings:toothless

I did that to mine 6 months ago with the intention of replacing the bushings and the tape works so well, its still there!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry... Motor Gear Bushings. I originally opened mine up and everything looked ok. I closed it up and forgot about it for a couple weeks, then about a week or so ago I opened it back up and decided to take it apart further... Upon pulling the grease out, I found those 3 little 'nibs' that rest between the metal and plastic gear were shattered into a million tiny pieces, and I didn't even notice it with all the grease. http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/160907 the one with the Green Finger...

I read that page a zillion times and completely overlooked the part about getting them from an Autoparts store. I was going to run to HD and get 3 nuts and put them in my gear (wow, that didn't sound right, did it...)

I was going to polish my rims on my vacation day tomorrow, but I think maybe I'd rather get my wind-der rolling again. Function before Beauty :)

Apparently I've got to read some more about the latch. When the window broke, the dumb bass that I am, tugged on the handle to open the gate and I'm sure I bent all that up in there. It doesn't open. I gotta reach in, and yank my rods to open the back door. (damn, I better quit while I'm ahead!) :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
WOO HOO! Good News, Bad News.

Good News: I found the bushings, and got it installed and working properly. I also saved the package to take a picture of it if Steve or someone wants to add it up somewhere so there is a visual reference. People can see it and get the part number ($4.00 at Advance Auto)

Bad News: I was progressively feeling like crap throughout the day. I'm pretty sure I have Pnumonia (my son just got over it and I have zactly the same symptoms). So now I can't gallivant around with my rear window down...PLUS I'm on Vacation today/tomorrow. Figures... I finally take some vacation and I get Pnumonia during my time off...

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have NO luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.