Registered
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4x4 Automatic E40D 5.8L
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone know what this plug is for?

·
Registered
335 Posts
How many pins is it? I see two wires, but how many spaces does the connector have?

·
Registered
335 Posts
It might be for the anti-theft module (if equipped) to get a signal from the door lock that it is unlocked.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,347 Posts
F-series have a connector in that area for optional cab (roof) lights. It's unclear whether Broncos were wired for that option -- I couldn't find it on mine -- but it could be that.

Neutral Safety Switch = automatic, Clutch Interlock Switch = manual ... but you don't change anything with the wiring over there when swapping between the two, so I don't see why an A/T setup would have an unused connector. The wiring is in place below the steering column for either configuration.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
F-series have a connector in that area for optional cab (roof) lights. It's unclear whether Broncos were wired for that option -- I couldn't find it on mine -- but it could be that.

Neutral Safety Switch = automatic, Clutch Interlock Switch = manual ... but you don't change anything with the wiring over there when swapping between the two, so I don't see why an A/T setup would have an unused connector. The wiring is in place below the steering column for either configuration.
Shoot, then I messed up my zf swap wiring

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4x4 Automatic E40D 5.8L
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shoot, then I messed up my zf swap wiring

Thank you! I’ll check to see if the wires have power when I turn the headlights on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.