Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small coolant leak that just seems to appear out of no where. It is coming from somewhere around the smog pump but I can't see where. No leaky head gasket, all my hoses are good as well as the waterpump. Do any of the bolts for the alternator bracket go into any water passages?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes. (and no) and possibly if the wrong bolt is put in to deep. On the top front face of the heads on certain windsors 85-86-87 (ones idid anyway), i believe right side passenger, (i knew as soon as i read the preveiw) if you dont reinstall the right bracket or install in the wrong position, a water jacket (tunnel) hole is slightly exposed and will leak, i cant remember how i fixed the last one i did, i think i cleaned the hole and jammed a brass freeze plug in it, and reinstaled the incorrect bracket but see if thats the case with your leak first. There are a few different ways to patch it if thats what you have.

I cant say what you have thats just what ive found a few times.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Check the heater hose connections at the waterpump. I had one rub on the backside and started leaking. took me a few to figure it out.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Good luck, let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
go to auto zone and rent a pressure tester, you'll find it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.